Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oink problems

Member BT Rep: +1
    Hey, has anyone ever been accused and subsequently banned from Oink for something they didn't do? I had been a member for about 6 months with a ratio around 3 and had uploaded several of my own albums. On a different message board I gave an invite to someone who was "desperately looking" and he proceded to post the invite on ebay. Low and behold I was banned for selling invites. I'm a med student, $50,000 in debt. There's no way $10 for an invite on ebay would be of any value to me. Anyways, enough rambling. Is there a safe way to get back onto Oink without being recognized or is there a way to appeal the ban? Thanks.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    You will not be able to access the site in anyway because the whole tree had been banned because of certain individuals......
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    cubkiller89's Avatar GSXR-600 BT Rep: +2
    I really don't like OiNK. Had my account for several weeks and trust me it is a great site for music they have everything, BUT it's near impossible to seed on there if you put up your own albums.

I have a ratio of like .7 on there cause it's so hard to seed anything.

And on every other tracker my ratio is above 3.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Yeah even if it wasn't you that sold they invite you are still responsible because you gave out the invite that was sold.So even know you say you didn't do it in all actuality it is the same thing.I gave an oink invite to a cheater and subsequently got my invites taking away because of it so i know how you feel and it sucks.
    It's really not even worth trading invites when it comes to trackers like that nothing good can come of it.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    klubhead's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by nadnerbttel View Post
    Hey, has anyone ever been accused and subsequently banned from Oink for something they didn't do? I had been a member for about 6 months with a ratio around 3 and had uploaded several of my own albums. On a different message board I gave an invite to someone who was "desperately looking" and he proceded to post the invite on ebay. Low and behold I was banned for selling invites. I'm a med student, $50,000 in debt. There's no way $10 for an invite on ebay would be of any value to me. Anyways, enough rambling. Is there a safe way to get back onto Oink without being recognized or is there a way to appeal the ban? Thanks.
    off topic... you better not only have $50k debt through all 4 years. even so, i still act like a baller with my suga' momma sallae mae

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    SpiderPig's Avatar The Clams BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Be VERY careful when giving out invites.. Read their posts, see what they're like, get to know them a little bit. I don't think there is ANY way possible. However, you can talk to OiNK and TooMuchTime (who are both registered on this site).

Off Topic: What med school are you in? I'm still a Junior in High School now, but I'd love to get into Duke/Hopkins medical after my undergrad. What was ur GPA in college?
    No Whining

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Yeah, there is nothing you can do about it man. I got screwed over too. One of the guys I invited off another private torrent site turned out to be a cheater and so I lost all of my invite privileges. Other than that the site is cool. It is tricky maintining a good ratio, but once you get the hang of it you're straight, for instance my ratio is over 8.

Quote Originally Posted by FalconsSB View Post
    Off Topic: What med school are you in? I'm still a Junior in High School now, but I'd love to get into Duke/Hopkins medical after my undergrad. What was ur GPA in college?
    Duke is over rated in my opinion. I go to JHU for undergrad, but I wouldn't want to stay here for med school. I do plan to come back for residency as JH is not only an awesome place to work at, but they're one of like 3 schools that has the program I want to get into.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by _AJ_ View Post
    Duke is over rated in my opinion. I go to JHU for undergrad, but I wouldn't want to stay here for med school. I do plan to come back for residency as JH is not only an awesome place to work at, but they're one of like 3 schools that has the program I want to get into.
    Well, I plan to go to UNC-CH with a scholarship in mind, then apply for Duke medical. I've lived in Baltimore before, and I know the ghetto parts of the school outside the campus. However, I plan to go into surgery - perhaps neurosurgery, and I heard one of the best surgeons (Professor as well) resides in JHU. Chicago, Hopkins, and Duke are my top 3, what's yours?

Btw, what GPA do you need to get into med school?
    No Whining

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsSB View Post
    Well, I plan to go to UNC-CH with a scholarship in mind, then apply for Duke medical. I've lived in Baltimore before, and I know the ghetto parts of the school outside the campus. However, I plan to go into surgery - perhaps neurosurgery, and I heard one of the best surgeons (Professor as well) resides in JHU. Chicago, Hopkins, and Duke are my top 3, what's yours?

Btw, what GPA do you need to get into med school?
    Ben Carson is precisely the reason you would go to JH for residency rather than Med school especially if you want peds neurosurgery.

For med school you need at least a 3.5 and a 30 MCAT to get into A med school. To get into top ten, Prizker (i'm sure I spelled that wrong, but that is the Chicago med program), Hopkins, and Duke fall under, you need at least a 3.7 35+ MCAT and crap load of ec's; you don't even want to know all the stuff I do outside of school. Just don't do what I did and just screw around your freshman year. I didn't do so hot my freshman year (2.7) and because of it I have no wiggle room in terms of GPA. I got lucky and as part of my freshman laziness I only took about 24 credits so it could have been much worse.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    What did you major and minor in Hopkins?

And jeez.. that's gonna be hard.. 3.7 and 35+ MCAT.. A friend of my dad got a 40 on his MCAT, had a 3.6GPA out of UNC-CH, and went to Chicago. But man, I need to study in college. Right now I have a 4.7 weighted GPA and 3.6 unweighted GPA with 2150 SAT in the junior year of high school because I slack off a lot. However, I do a shit load of EC's too.

Thanks for the info, dude.
    No Whining

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast