Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Invites to a famous board

DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
    By logic, if it's an invite-only board, then it's going to be not a very good board. There would be limited diversity of opinions and such, with barely any freedom regarding general things due to the boundaries set by being invite-only.

Going by that logic, then youre saying that only boards with large member base can be "good boards"?

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Well, a simple large/small userbase thing won't cut it. My vision of a good board is open signups with a good number of active, diverse users. If the userbase is too small, then things can get quite boring (like the tracker forums). If it's too big, then the users are more or less uncontrollable. There needs to be a manageable amount of users who get along and are able to carry on interesting threads. I just don't see that balance happening if it's all just invite only.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    ur right about the number of userbase as not the determining factor that makes a board "good", since the thing that will make it flourish is its active users. I know of some boards that boasts lots of members but you see the same people posting everyday which can get tiresome sometimes.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    buddy's Avatar Wanabe saint! BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
    Well, a simple large/small userbase thing won't cut it. My vision of a good board is open signups with a good number of active, diverse users. If the userbase is too small, then things can get quite boring (like the tracker forums). If it's too big, then the users are more or less uncontrollable. There needs to be a manageable amount of users who get along and are able to carry on interesting threads. I just don't see that balance happening if it's all just invite only.
    So if it is open signups, you figure only a limited number of users will signup just until the manageable limit is reached?! It has to be an invite only community with atleast a 10k userbase the way I see it.. But even that is not enough, the uploaders and the staff who run the site need to be resourceful enough to find and post the warez to share. Mere userbase alone does not make a board a good board!

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    What? I'm talking about a forum, not a torrent place. I thought a board was a forum ...

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    Yeah, and I was talking on the assumption that you were commenting about a warez board. Not a torrent place..

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    >.< I'm so ignorant. I was just talking about a general forum, not a warez board.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    So, what is the R-palin? Is it only a forum or a warez board ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12