Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone interested in sharing a seedbox with me for $30/mo?

Poster
    =================================
    UPDATE: no more slots available
    =================================

anyone interested in paying $30/mo (split across 5 users) for:

AMD X2 4200 Dual Core
    1GB RAM
    300GB HDD
    100Mbit Port
    Unmetered Transfer

...from http://www.pixelfxsolution.com/? cost of the server is $150/mo and we can push it to 9TB-10TB/mo. so, if you break it down, each one will get:

60GB HDD
    2TB datatraffic per month

not bad for only $30/mo!

server is located in UK and we'll have Win2k StdEd on it running uTorrent. each user will get his/her own IP and can easily connect to the server remotely via Windows RDC/RDP or RealVNC for example. if you need help in connecting or whatever, just let me know.

NetLimiter (or other similar program) will be installed to ensure each person will get his/her share of the bandwidth (2TB/mo).

deal can be found here (pls. see EDIT2 below for changes). must have PayPal and serious inquiries only!

thank you.

EDIT: test IP - 66.90.66.1

EDIT2: i tried ordering the server in my original post but unfortunately, it was already sold to someone else. however, i was given a new offer (see above for the complete server specs): faster processor (dual-core) but slightly less HDD space (100GB less)
    Last edited by r0uJe; 02-04-2007 at 08:59 PM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    DISABLED PRIVS
    I got a seedbox for you..

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    ten elite brains's Avatar /\ anagram /\ BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    You forgot to mention the $59 setup fee. Who pays that?

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    Panther's Avatar lost BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    do you know if they scan hdd for rars and can you see how much which ip is downloading? also will the server not be slow woth so many users and would you consider just splitting it with me and for what period of time are yu thinking of sharing, 1 month, 3 or what? thats are all the questins for now...

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ten elite brains View Post
    You forgot to mention the $59 setup fee. Who pays that?
    i will. unless of course, the other ppl who will share the server with me would like to share that, too. it's only a one-time payment anyway so it's not so bad if i pay for the set-up fee myself...
    Last edited by r0uJe; 02-04-2007 at 06:33 PM.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    do you know if they scan hdd for rars and can you see how much which ip is downloading? also will the server not be slow woth so many users and would you consider just splitting it with me and for what period of time are yu thinking of sharing, 1 month, 3 or what? thats are all the questins for now...
    no, they don't scan their customers' HDD for illegal content. i think only DediBox does that.

i'm planning to share the server with 4 other guys so each will pay $30/mo. however, if only 2 or 3 ppl would like to share this server, that's fine with me too!

PixelFX offers a true 100Mbit port (burstable to 1Gbit for an additional $45/mo i think) so getting up to 10-11MB/s would NOT be a problem! besides, i don't think any torrent will be able to sustain that speed 24/7! heck, even if it is free leech, after some time, the overall peer speed will drop.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    what is a seedbox?

is it a dedicated bt server which u pay a monthly fee and you put the files u want to download etc on it and it will seed?

can comeone clarify what one is

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    Poster
    OK, 1 other guy is in!

hopefully, we'll get 1 or 2 more so we won't have to pay that much per month for the server...

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by har786 View Post
    what is a seedbox?

is it a dedicated bt server which u pay a monthly fee and you put the files u want to download etc on it and it will seed?

can comeone clarify what one is
    think of a seedbox as your PC at home where you upload/download torrents... only it has really really REALLY fast speeds (10-11MB/s)!

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +5
    What about the whole principle of not paying for file sharing. For me paying for a seedbox falls in that category, since you're paying to download (and upload) more. I would never pay for a seedbox, as i wouldnt pay for a p2 client or to get in a network. It doesnt make much sense to me. Or is it all just a question of competition? Who downloads more, who uploads more?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast