Thread: hello, i have a question

asfdlq3i45poi's Avatar Master
    When someone uploads a binary to the usenet, where is that binary stored? Does Giganews have it, or does some other provider have it? And does each provider have a different Usenet or is it all just one Usenet?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by asfdlq3i45poi View Post
    When someone uploads a binary to the usenet, where is that binary stored? Does Giganews have it, or does some other provider have it? And does each provider have a different Usenet or is it all just one Usenet?
    Every provider should have every post/file whatever, that's the whole point of usenet. Of course completion rate can vary between providers.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yep, you might wanna read my post in this thread: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/newsg...-run-on-153973.

Every usenet provider has a set of Storage servers, these contain all the files of the groups they index (called Spool servers). They have other servers to exchange files with other providers so they can offer the exact same files as an other providers do (so called Feeder servers).

So your upload will first go to your providers servers. When another provider checks your providers files, it will notice your upload and request it from your provider.

This goes on and on untill every server has it.