Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who rules the OiNK "empire"?

The site has alot of users, alot of files, but not alot of peers per torrent. Most files only get downloaded a few times if that so its hard for most people to keep a good ratio there even if you have nice upload speeds.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    anybody ever read anything about the possibility of such huge sites being bought/took over by a media company in order to profile the customers of pirated data? I mean if I had a huge ass site, I would sell it for a few millions and never tell anybody about it. And if I was a media tycoon, I'd like to track the precise behavior of a Torrent community...

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    sert's Avatar t r e s BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    yeah same old story

the can do nothing with me

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Oink is as good as it's cracked up to. Excellent community and best mainstream collection of music on the net, both v0 and FLAC. It's not that bad for apps either tbh. As for oink, dunno, he seems like a decent bloke though, posts a lot on the forums etc

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    cubkiller89's Avatar GSXR-600 BT Rep: +2
    OiNK is by far the best tracker for music. Has had every single CD I've ever wanted.

The only bad thing is: it is near impossible to have a good ratio. They mostly have ALL of the CD's you own so uploading is out of the question. And trying to seed the files you download are useless because there aren't many downloaders.

I had 15 torrents seeding for a week straight only got 400 mb out of them. The rest just sat and no one wanted anything.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Quote Originally Posted by cubkiller89 View Post
    OiNK is by far the best tracker for music. Has had every single CD I've ever wanted.

The only bad thing is: it is near impossible to have a good ratio. They mostly have ALL of the CD's you own so uploading is out of the question. And trying to seed the files you download are useless because there aren't many downloaders.

I had 15 torrents seeding for a week straight only got 400 mb out of them. The rest just sat and no one wanted anything.
    b/s i have a ratio of over 5 there.. (yes.. 9.5 GB upload, and about 1.4GB down), with a connection capped at 20kb/sec up and 180kb/sec down.. how you ask? simple - patience, and uploading your own stuff (yup, found some good ol' 60's CD's and upped them), plus, you can upload apps as well if you don't have any music to upload... so, there you have it.. download only what you need, upload everything you can, and free-leech week is never a bad thing to use to your advantage

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Just keep everything seeded, 24/7, and you'll have a wonderful ratio at OiNK. It's easy to go over 1.0.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    janine's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +1
    yup. best there is. and ^^^^ is dead right: patience is the key. not speed! You must expect to leave stuff you take seeding and just forget it. personally I remove them when they turn red in my utorrent because they're not on the tracker anymore ..takes absolutely no effort to get a good ratio there, actually, because you just don't have to think about it at all. This is also the reason that they have a 100k torrents seeded at any given time. f***ing brilliant

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Best way is to upload your own stuff. Upload something in flac and even if 3/4 people snatch it then you can be looking at +1 gig or more. Perhaps look at the request list and then rent something from the library and upload? Either that or upload a better version of what's already there, e.g v0 or flac with a cue file if the existing one is missing. Upload a few of your own, get a buffer and then just be patient with the rest, leave stuff for a couple of months if need be. Oink is quite tough tbh, but worth it definitely, great community there

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by mags23 View Post
    Whatever. OiNK goes down, and many more little piglets would spring up.
    sounds about right

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast