Thread: Avi To Playable Dvd

Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    I woudl like to know how to convert a downloaded avi to a playable dvd, I have cd-roms which I can store it on, I have read DVDRhelp.com but it doesnt give a guide for my converting software (EO Video) now what I need to know is, what settings do I put it on? im in the uk and have a pal television and want my film in VCD but all I have is the avi right now, please explain to me what settings I should stuck in, need personal advice, thanks

General=
    Output Format: MPEG

Video=
    Compression: VCD
    TV Format: PAL

Audio=
    Compression: MPEG Layer II

Do I just start the conversion? also when its in the correct format how do I burn it in NERO to the proper way

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    You will find all the programs you need, and instructions on their use at VCDhelp

But i'll move the topic to movie world, so that those that download movies can help

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    Please, read the post I made here. It's to long for me to retype.

You may have to click-around in your encoding software you've chosen to learn about it.. Mainly though you want to find the PAL vs NTSC option. Otherwise the process is the same no matter which side of the pond you are on.

While the Nero software comes with encoding capability, most people don't think it's very effective. Use the Nero wizard when finally burning the VCDs. It's simple enough.

Plan on making a few coasters.

Good luck and post how it goes.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    Well I successfully successfully made a full working VCD of a small film and it worked just a pity I cant find a crack for the latest temeng

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    Here's the hash for the full version that I am sharing.

File:TMPGEnc Plus -v2.58.44.152.exe|Length:3463151
    Length:3463151 Bytes,3382KB
    UUHash:=y7Q/Xnw64CJrLpn6gUkXub7TgbE=

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    do you write the whole address down and where. simple question i know but you have to learn somehow
    cheers nidge

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    You can use Nero to recode and burn the CD all in one go. Extremely easy to do but sometimes Nero messes it up and you just wasted a CD and a couple hours of your time. So if you do use Nero as the encoder be wary. Personally I have done quite a few movies being encoded with Nero and they work fine. But other have complained.