Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: horizontal lines on games

popwar's Avatar Popwar
    i was wondering why i was getting horizontal lines going down my screen when i play games. i cant give a screen shot because they dont show up in the picture. Ever since i got my system back from being upgraded its been doing it. the video card is basically brand new i dont think thats the problem.

system specs:
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+
    512MB RAM
    xp professional
    radeon x1300 256mb ddr PCI
    GeForce 6100 mainboard
    Philips 150S 15" LCD monitor. ( if any of that helps )

as for the boot up. well. i disabled the onboard video because my card was better than it. when i boot up the bios splash screen or windows xp loading bar doesnt even show up. it just stays like the monitor is in standby mode until welcome screen, but if i plug my monitor into the onboard video that i disabled then it shows bios and loading bar like normal. how do i fix it to where it loads like normal with my radeon card?
    Last edited by popwar; 02-06-2007 at 07:24 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    look for an option in your card control panel or more likely in your individual games for an option named "vertical sync". turn it on and it should fix everything ftw

dunno about your other problem though

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    popwar's Avatar Popwar
    *ftw* not really cuz it didnt help

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    These kind of lines?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    popwar's Avatar Popwar
    no. it kinda looks like a tv station that is almost picked up on a station and horizontal lines just keep running down the screen.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by popwar View Post
    no. it kinda looks like a tv station that is almost picked up on a station and horizontal lines just keep running down the screen.
    sounds like your monitor can't handle the signal then. change the refresh rate. might be able to do it your control panel, or individual games. it's sometimes written as 1024x768@80. experiment with the last number. might be too low, i know 60hz kills me

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    popwar's Avatar Popwar
    it never did it until after i upgraded my computer. its fixed now though anyways after messin with refresh rate. im still having boot problem though

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by popwar View Post
    it never did it until after i upgraded my computer. its fixed now though anyways after messin with refresh rate. im still having boot problem though
    i've never had a problem like that so i don't know how to fix it.

this is the best i can find on google
    http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/58303/

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I built a pc for a friend (an economic pc) and wes tweaking settings and installing software with it hooked up to my monitor. My monitor is 1680x1050. The video card couldn't really handly pumping out that many pixels and got the same exact lines that you are describing. That was just on the desktop. I have used the x1300, and had to upgrade. normal functions were fine, but games were jumpy because it only has 4 pixel pipelines. So to sum up, try decreasing your resolution.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    popwar's Avatar Popwar
    i dont want to play a game all pixely. but i guess i could do that and turn AA on . i only have 15inch monitor i got for 35 dollars from goodwill . its lcd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast