Thread: Microsoft Server 2003

I've downloaded server 2003 off of bit torrent and it came as a rar so I converted it to iso and went too burn image thru nero then I put on overburn at 90 and it still comes out that my medium does'nt have enough space. It is a 700 mg cd-r (of course lol) and the file says 703 meg which is easily burnt usally.. Any tips out there would be awsome, thanks. :beerchug:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Did you unpack the rar first??
    What app. did you use to convert?
    I also have Sever 2003 from bit and I was able to burn the file fine with Alcohol.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I used winrar to unpack and it automaticly converted to iso. I was going to convert the iso to a bin and cue but usally an iso is a little less megs.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by neilandtracy@24 May 2003 - 01:39
    I used winrar to unpack and it automaticly converted to iso. I was going to convert the iso to a bin and cue but usally an iso is a little less megs.
    My file unpacked as a .bin file.
    I use WinIso to convert a lot since iso's are generally smaller in size and I can also add any .nfo file to the image bofore buring.
    Did you use CDmage to check the file for coruption?
    Do you have an ftp client.

Edit: just checked...mine was an iso also.
    Windows_2003_Server_Enterprise_Corp_Bootable-Straight-Up.iso.rar
    Stand alone. No activation/time-bomb. goodie # included.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Yea mine is exactly the same and I've downloaded alcohol 120 and installed and it is the same thing, saying not enough space on medium. And I don't know about the file being corrupt because I've downloaded a lot of stuff off of bit torrent and never have had a bad or corrupt files. But i haven't tryed cdmage yet..

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    checked my file and it is listed as 545MB.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Well there is a first for everthing and this a first for redownloading a file off of bit torrent but that is my next try lol.. I ran alchol 120% and it came up the same thing" not enough memory in the medium" so I'm redownloading a diffrent server 2003 and I'll see how this one turn's out...