Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: boot up problem

popwar's Avatar Popwar
    theres an option that says sumtn like Init. Display and its on PCI

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    lynx's Avatar .
    I'm pretty sure that's the option you need to change.

The default is always the on-board graphics controller, so that if something goes wrong with an add-in graphics card you can reset the bios and it will revert to the on-board chip.

In any case, that setting is usually only taken in to account if there is more than one graphics controller, but since you've got 2 you need to tell it to use the add-in card.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    I had checked the online manual too. Useless.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    popwar's Avatar Popwar
    ok i'll try to have it make option of using add-in card. because the init. display option has been on pci since i got my computer. the onboard is pci e . the options for the init display are onboard,pcie,pci

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Download cpu-z and find the exact model number of your mainboard. Then, google it. Download the manual from the manufacturer's website and read up on it.

Last resort eh

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    Download cpu-z and find the exact model number of your mainboard. Then, google it. Download the manual from the manufacturer's website and read up on it.

Last resort eh
    I guess you haven't bothered to read the whole thread.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    popwar's Avatar Popwar
    lol virtual. anyways. add in cards is enabled for boot. i'll reinstall the fuckin card if that will fix it. not cussin anyone just cussin at my problem. dont go 'n' ban me now.. lol

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    popwar's Avatar Popwar
    didnt help

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    lynx's Avatar .
    The problem is with the hardware before windows has booted so re-installing the windows drivers was never going to help, it is definitely a bios setting that needs changing.

I've re-read the thread from the beginning, and noticed that you say it is a PCI card. That seems a strange choice considering that you've got a PCI-E motherboard. Perhaps we should clear up what you've actually got.

If the graphics card is in the white slot, then it is a PCI-E card and that's what the bios setting needs to be changed to.

If the graphics card is in one of the blue slots, then it is a PCI card and you should set the bios accordingly, although it sounds like you've already done that.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    If, after following VB and Lynx's suggestions, you still have this issue you can try this (may not work, but certainly won't hurt....):
    -Boot to safe mode and use Driver Cleaner to scrub away all traces of your current drivers.
    -Install the correct drivers for your card.
    -Install and run Bootvis (three traces and a final optimize pass).

Seems to me that your vid drivers are not loading properly during the boot sequence- if so, this procedure should take care of it.
    The fact that your card does eventually initialize makes this more of an irritant than a "problem" but I can see how it would be worth fixing.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast