Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tv Tuner

DivX
    but if you llok on the site you got cable crypt from there should be european decoding software too

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by DivX@24 May 2003 - 11:31
    but if you llok on the site you got cable crypt from there should be european decoding software too
    D:

did you even read what he wrote? he said the program works for decrypting european cable, but not for american cable.

as for the original question, i recently got an ATI TV Wonder VE and i'm very pleased with it. there was a period when this card did not work properly under windowsXP, but the last couple of driver releases have fixed the problem. i've found that TV Wonder does a nice job of capturing VCD-quality mpeg from TV, using a program called WinDVR.

if you are in the market for upgrading your graphics card, you might consider "killing two birds with one stone" by getting an ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder card, which is a 2D/3D VGA card with a complete TV Wonder tuner/capture device integrated onto it. and a remote control is included in the 8500 models and newer.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    DivX
    ohh hand bags ducky

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Xanex's Avatar Poster
    Theres this Tv-99 tuner with remote and radio, cable ready, dont know about digital tho ud need another decoder for that. made by mentor, that infamouse company that makes things but has no website.

only trouble is the software is buggy tho u can use anyother software since its just a basic tv-99 card

TV CARD

http://www.gladiatorcomputers.com/products...de=ACCMENTVCARD

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by DivX@24 May 2003 - 16:23
    yeh they can decode pay per view cable channels as easy as eating pie,

lol

look for a decoder cablecrypt pop the cable in the tv card and tune easy as that
    Not mine. All of my Pay Per View is digital cable. However, my TV Wonder card can recieve analog cable signal very well.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    I really had a bad time buying a TV tuner

First, I was considering to buy a TV or a TV tuner and I decided to buy a TV tuner because it saves spaces.

after I decided to a TV tuner, I searched information about USB TV tuner(I have a laptop), There are ATI, Pinnacle..., I really couldn't decide which one to buy. I read a lot of reviews(there are not so many articles about TV tuner especially the usb ones), most of the cards have low picture quality according to those reviews. And I finally chose Viewsonic Nextvision N5 TV tuner, it took me a whole week to come to the decision. I bought at www.directdial.com. There's nothing happened after I connected my laptop with the TV tuner, I wrote email to the store about the TV tuner if it's compatible with laptop and viewsonic, there's no response. and I posted in a forum(can't remember which one), and then I know it's not compatible with laptop because most laptops don't have video input. There's nothing I could do, I couldn't return the Tv tuner because the store has really bad return policy, I hate it. I'll never shop there again. and I bought a Portable LCD monitor, the quality just sucks.

and now I'm going to buy another TV tuner.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    so if i get a tv tuner card do i still have to pay for the premium channel to receive them? i only got basic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12