Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NOOB Question Newgroup vs Torrents

Do torrents on private trackers have faster speed the newsgroups and do the have more rare files?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    With a premium provider, speed is only limited by your connection. Providers use multi-gigabit dedicated lines to deliver downloads to you at blazing speeds. It would be a rare day that you couldn't max out your connection.

There is plenty of rare stuff up, I would venture to say way more than with torrents. The downside of the rare stuff is that it really isn't in high demand, that's why it's rare. This doesn't effect speed or availability. But, instead of using NZB files you'll have to download headers and search the content out for yourself.

The biggest plus to Usenet is that it's the safest way to get your material. It's been around since 1985, zero users sued for downloading.
    All together, if you can spare the cash, there is no better way to go.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Thanks Broken for the reply, so if i were to get started with newsgroups would
    giganews be a good provider and lets say i wouldn't want to go through the hassle of d/l headers is there a way to get around it and jus d/l and search the file i would want.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Newsgroups used to be to complicated at least for me, but bitorrent the private trackers you can get a movie in half hour

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by flow7 View Post
    Thanks Broken for the reply, so if i were to get started with newsgroups would
    giganews be a good provider and lets say i wouldn't want to go through the hassle of d/l headers is there a way to get around it and jus d/l and search the file i would want.
    Giganews is quality but there are cheaper ones like usenetserver (https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/newsg...tserver-112911) and they are also good.

You can use sites like www.binsearch.info and www.newzleech.com to search for stuff.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Anything that appeals to the common man.
    Last edited by nxrisetaker; 01-03-2009 at 10:36 AM.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Is Grabit's super search usefull??

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by flow7 View Post
    Is Grabit's super search usefull??
    Its a bit easier then nzb's since you dont have to go to a site, search, dl the nzb and import it. In my opinion it only adds some luxury, you dont really need it.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    newsgroups are way much faster than torrent. If you have a good provider (newshosting for my part) you can download things for about 80 days at almost lightspeed (up to 25 Mbits/s)

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    popopot's Avatar To Me, To You BT Rep: +5
    How do newsgroups compare to Oink for lossless music?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast