Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help With Wireless Network

Urgent

Hi, I suck at networking and I brought a laptop Wednesday...

ok my problem comes here, i cant get my laptop to connect to connect to my router, can anybody help at all PLEASE!

my laptop is:

Packard Bell
    504MB of RAM
    Windows XP
    Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection Card

my router is:

NETGEAR DG834GT

how do i connect it wirelessly? and do i have to network something with my pc or what? like i said i suck at networking...

Thanks in advance

Rikki

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    carbon75's Avatar Stronger than steel
    Assuming that your router is up and working your computer should be able to "see" the network with it's connection software. Do you have the Intel connection software installed?

here is a link to the intel page.

Once you can see the router, you just pick "connect." I don't really know what else to say.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    my laptop has the Intel wireless software installed, however it just doesn't find the router, how do i make it see it??

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    spidey99's Avatar Nolaloth BT Rep: +1
    there is nothing like "make it see it" if it can't find smthng there are 2 possibilities .You may be out o range(from router) or there may be a problem with your devices

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    see, i think that it is the router (its from sky) i have looked at things on the internet and cant seam to make things work, however, it could be my card not configured properly, i know im not out of range because i am sat next to the router, its a new(ish) router and its a new laptop and card, do i need to do something to allow them to see each other, the router IS set to wireless point and is sending out the SSID (so it says) any help would be much appreciated thanks

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    there are some basic configurations that you should do wiyh the router and they should be written in it's manual

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Most Laptops have the software installed to it already. Windows XP has a special wireless software as well you should look for it in control panel.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    ok thanks for the advise so far gus, i have a feeling that its my card, as i have a wireless usb dongle and that has connected my laptop straight up, so anyone know where i can get a step by step guide to set u the intell 2200bg card?

thanks

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    search intel.com hyou shall find there.but in fact you don't need aguide.it is very easy to make that working.just plug search and write down the password than connect...

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast