Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Do I Crop Off The Black Letterbox?

see topic

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    why would you want to do that it will make the video out of aspet so they will look fat.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    jetje's Avatar former star
    yes and why not adde to one of the other matrix POsts...?

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    no i dont want to take them off and resized it, i just want them gone. so the video is a rectangle. ive downloaded files before like that.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    It would require you to re-encode the video at a different aspect ratio. What you have is 16:9 and what you want is 4:3.

1 of 2 things will occur if you do this.
    1. as mentioned above, your video will look "fat" or squished from the sides.
    2. you will lose part of each side of the picture.

Now, why would you want to ruin the movie that way?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    i dont see why you people dont understand what im saying. i dont want to make a vcd. i want to whatch the file on my computer. i just want the leterbox off becuase its just taking up more space. instead of the video being a giant square it would just be a wide rectangle.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Originally posted by brakak@20 May 2003 - 03:02
    i dont see why you people dont understand what im saying. i dont want to make a vcd. i want to whatch the file on my computer. i just want the leterbox off becuase its just taking up more space. instead of the video being a giant square it would just be a wide rectangle.
    u mean full screen double click middle if that dosnt work and ur still not satisfied u can unplug your computer. Slap yourself several times. Then ask yourself why ur such a dumn ass. After that stare at the wall and wonder if ur actualy in the matrix.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Originally posted by brakak@20 May 2003 - 03:02
    You can do it with ZoomPlayer 3.0 Pro by selecting Aspect Ratio 4:3 instead of Source Aspect ratio. I'm not sure with the older versions. However, every character will look like a skinny supermodel

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    brakak
    i just want the leterbox off becuase its just taking up more space. instead of the video being a giant square it would just be a wide rectangle
    That is not true. You actually have more picture with the 16:9 aspect ration.
    Change the aspect ratio to fit your monitor and you will lose the left and right side of the actual picture.

Because you are ignorant of this fact you come across as a moron. All movies are shot in this aspect. It used to be called cinemascope or widescreen. You get a better view of the entire scene as the director intended it.

Why on earth would you want to "erase" part of the movie? Sit closer to your monitor.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Although I agree you shouldn't want to crop it it is true that plenty of people do. Before DVDs, nearly all videos sold in full screen/4:3 rather than widescreen.

As Darth Sushi said Zoom Player is the best way to do it without re-encoding, but instead of setting it to 4:3, which will distort the picture, just use the zoom function to zoom it until the black bars go off the screen. It's also a good way to see just how much of the sides of the picture you miss

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast