Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You Prefer Paper Books Or Ebooks?

i'm still really getting into this whole ebook thing. i love my pbooks and like quietsilence, pack them lovingly into boxes evry time i move. they are the last thing to get packed and the first to get unpacked. i've done it 8 times in the last 10 years or so....

however, i do really like the convenience, ease of use and "storability" of the ebooks. i think the jury is still out on this one for me.

botts

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster
    For me,it has to be paper back books.I'm not comfortable with reading on my computer screen.

A book is a book with paper and a cover.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Poster
    Paper books are more personal in my opinion.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    I love my wee collection of books! I dunno what it is, but I would much prefer to read a paper book than an ebook...then again, I haven't got one of those wee hand-held computers....and you can't really spill your dinner on a first edition ebook...

5. Lounge   -   #15
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Mmmm must get a palm...sounds like heaven having so many books to choose from without having to lug em about....

As for reading on the pc...I find my eyes get sore after a while...and its really difficult to curl up in bed with a good computer isn't it....

so until I get a palm...been looking and looking.. (recommendations for good ones under $100?) its paper, paper all the way.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    I guess I am getting real Old and way behind the times.But when did we start calling so called Books...."Paper Books"?I mean it is not called a "Paper Book Store" is it?

Refering to Books as Paper Books.....you people are a bunch of Matrix Geeks.

Wow look at that.....it has that stuff called Paper.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Poster
    Quite right Funky Capricorn! You tell em &i dont get the point of the whole e-book thing...appart from the fact that it ruins your eyes you cant beat the smell of a brand new book...go to borders and get out some more you guys...

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Poster
    Well, everyone likes differant things. Just like some people prefer beans, yet I prefer spagetti.......

Not a very good example I know, but i'm sure you get my drift

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I just don't care if it's printed on paper or a bunch of particules projected on a computer or pda screen... Of course e-books don't smell like new or old books, they are sometimes full of typos ( the ones you get on P2P, actually! ) but does that really matter? Ideas are what matters not the media theyr'e on.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    paper books.

I will print an ebook if it's not to big

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast