Thread: Problem Installing Cs With Half Life

Poster
    I get this error when i try to install Counter stike 1.5 english patch to the half life i get off K lite...

Improper language version , you are running the (its blank here) version of half life and this update is English patch for counter strike...

Iam pretty certain that the half life here on K lite is the english version... ive downloaded 2 verified download and tested both but i get the same Language version error..

all the game is in english and when i right click on the exe. and go to properties and language version it says english...

but for some reason i cant install the english version counter strike 1.5 patch...

Did i miss a step or maybe a file ?... its an odd error.. " you are running the (blank) version of half life.. a space there it dosent say what language ver.

Like it dosent know..

anyone seen this before or know what iam missing ?

Half life works fine and i can play the whole game... I just cant install CS...

and thats the only reason why i got this in the first place.. to test out CS
    Xare
    Unknowncheats.com Moderator
    MPC.DE Moderator

2. Games   -   #2
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    You're wasting your time. Even if you do manage to install Counter-Strike, you'll never be able to play it online with a cracked version of Half-Life. It requires a unique CD-Key. My advice is to buy Half-Life, then download the official (and free) CS mod from...

http://www.counter-strike.net/

3. Games   -   #3
    Or you can just go out and buy the retail version of half-life it has the yellow cover... then you can play then too. Hey maybe he was just asking you know there is such things called bots for people in his situation.... Oh and the version your getting sounds to me like your just gettting an update to CS not the acctual CS does your version have the name csv15 if not then it is different.

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    I have a working online key...

I think the half life i have installed is the orignal Fresh install Non CS half life

Ver. 1,1,1,0 english

This is the download i used for half life... from a verified site

http://www.verifieddownloads.com/search.ph...life+full&what=

Iam not sure what retail version this is... but iam guessing its the first/orignal

I got the CS patch i tried from fileplanet

http://www.fileplanet.com/section.aspx?s=73694&v=0

I tried the 1.5 english CS update...

So, now iam thinking i have the wrong update... Like maybe the one i tried to install was for a different half life/CS retail version

I think i will try the site Nightwolf offered http://www.counter-strike.net/

Looks like there is a patch there that may work ?

Full CS mod file 121 MB... the other one i have is like 115 mb

I will try this and post agian with results
    Xare
    MPC.DE Moderator

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    Sweet ! I got CS working !

I just had the wrong Mod update..

i needed the full mod file installation..

Works fine now

Well iam off to Go rage on some people
    Xare
    MPC.DE Moderator

6. Games   -   #6
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    There ya go. I think a lot of people still don't realize that Counter-Strike is still completely free. There's no point in downloading it with Kazaa. All you need is a working version of Half-Life, and you can just download CS from their official website. It's a great game, but you have to watch out for all the cheaters (there's plenty of them).

7. Games   -   #7
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    and you have to watch out for my clan, cuz we will pwn joo good!

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    The only reason i got CS / half life was to Cheat..

LoL

Just to rage on people...

I Will aim bot JOO!!!

I think battlefield 1942 is a better game ... But CS is cool cause i can Cheat like a god

RAGE MORE !
    Xare
    MPC.DE Moderator