Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: For Men Only

Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@24 May 2003 - 09:14
    if women played with men they wouldn't win anything - for the reasons Proper Bo said
    then they wouldn't get any prize money, so they'll complain about inequality.

Annika Sorenstam playing in the PGA sounds like a publicity stunt, because golf is boring, why would people want to watch golf

The other day i turned on my TV to watch Ready, Steady, Cook - but the golf was on
    I turned over to watch Richard and Judy - but the cricket was on
    Ready Steay Cook??? Now we should get you to a hospital.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Fasttracker A
    Yeah ...I think its time you get satilight .
    200 channels of nothing isnt enough, I need at least 500 channels just in case.
    So much trash on the television now a days and commercials are a joke.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Calm down people. Golf is not a sport. Letting women play golf with men is like letting women play ches with men.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Im so damn puny my grandchildren can beat me at anything, let alone a woman

Now mixed mud wrestling - thats fun

Peace
    UKMan (mixed mud wrestling fan)

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Xanex's Avatar Poster
    @tyberius

The mind is different to the body.

@general topic

Women are physically weaker than men women are at a severe disadvantage against men in "sport" i dont know if u would call chess a sport ect, im not sexist nor should people think that i am just because i have these opinions.
    But as many voices have spoken on this subject I think that she should give up the ghost and go back to playing womens golf.
    Finishing 77th with a +1 is laughable.

Women playing against mens goals is silly, they have womens divisions for a reason.

I play county level table tennis. In the leagues yes I play against women, and some of them are very good and beat me. They are smaller and so therefore closer to the table. But at higher levels the mens skill is greater and it is just unfair to pit them against an opponent with such a strong advantage. I mean we have age and weight catagorys for most other sports!!!

Whats next women in F1??? They may be good but it introduces another vairable into the sport which cannot be calcualted.

Women , i have to admit, are better than men in SOME, not all, areas while others men are better and in the rest we are equal.
    If anything i woulda thought women would be better at chess since they use that side of the brain more, heh go fig'
    The human race has changed, now we find women beating men in tradtional men areas and men beating women in traditional women areas. We are evolving.

Men and women are not equal, they are different. If we where equal then we would be the same, but we are not. Politcally and socially every one deserves the same rights as the next person. But in areas like sport and such we should be divided.

Xanex

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Fasttracker A
    Hear hear

7. Lounge   -   #17
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Xanex@24 May 2003 - 05:58

Whats next women in F1??? They may be good but it introduces another vairable into the sport which cannot be calcualted.

National Pro Stock Champion and record holder
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Lounge   -   #18
    insanebassman
    I gave this topic some thought...

I agree that men and women are not equal. Men pale in compatison on some grounds and women are just not up to snuff on others.

Then there are the exceptions. Take my ex Jewlia for example. We spared (she studied Akido and Kung-fu , I study Jui-Jitsu) . She could drop me almost as well as I could drop her. I was, at the time, 5 foot 9 inches and 189 pounds, she was 5 foot 4 inches, 105 punds. Yet her skill made her my equal.

If women can pass the same tests with no curves or help, they should be allowed to participate.... the same for men in women's area.

this would make an unfortunate situation though. Then, all strength dominated sports would go to men as a majority. Most finesse based to women, but not to such an extreme. If women want the definition of equality that this topic touches on, they should make it total. Drop the women's leagues and make all things open. But then the complaining would start again as men pushed women out like I said. Not using rules, but natural biology.

There should be a seperation to keep the different levels of competivness interesting and fair to the sore of those levels.

My point is not entirely clear here, but I agree that there should be a practicle seperation.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    I think it's stupid as well, they have a womans league, so they need to stick to it. I don't think women should play mens sports with the men.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    well, I'm going to answer this anyway, although I'm a girl.

I think the seperate sports are a good thing for most women, BUT, there are other women who should be allowed to join the men's sports I think. I'm pretty strong and I've always trained along with the boys in gymnastics, handball and volleyball and I still was one of the best of the team....It differs from person to person I guess

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast