Why?

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Fasttracker A
    Cause you never know

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Who cares if you know or not?

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Fasttracker A
    I care .Why shouldnt they if some one can benefit from preformance inhancers.Every professional sport from bowling to ping pong to Baseball.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Originally posted by a chump@26 May 2003 - 02:08
    I think it depends on the sport. Some sports that could accomodate women don't, and should. I agree with the separate 'mixed' sections as it not only accomodates different gender but also adds a completely new aspect to a sport
    this reminded me of a sport that doesn't work with mixed gender

Anna Kournakova lost pretty early in the mixed doubles tournament because her team-mate was distracted by her short skirt
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

6. Lounge   -   #46
    mixed gender does work, ok so, its more fun playing mens doubles in my opinion but its a completely new skill to play mixed. The mixed game can be really fun. Any way this partner had good reason to be distracted! But going back to the 'masculine' women point, Anna is doing very badly, because she has become a sex symbol, not masculine enough. The same would happen with a pretty boy bloke who became the same thing. Why is a women different in that respect?

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Fasttracker A
    Why would she even care enough about tennis any more ?.
    It looks like shes out of practice for a reason ,she makes more money doing
    other things for less work.

I mean who cares look at the williams brothers,and hingis was getting pretty bad there for a bit also.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I wonder...

If Annika Sorenstam looked like Anna Kournakova would the outcry have been as ferocious?

the galleries would probably have been even larger...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Lounge   -   #49
    My solution to the doping in sport problem would be to do away with testing of adult athletes altogether. The whole scene has just become a farce - with the athlete who has the best pharmaceutical backing winning. Let 'em all take whatever they want.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by TIDE-HSV@26 May 2003 - 06:50
    My solution to the doping in sport problem would be to do away with testing of adult athletes altogether. The whole scene has just become a farce - with the athlete who has the best pharmaceutical backing winning. Let 'em all take whatever they want.

I like his chances in the next Kentucky Derby...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345