Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: For Men Only

Fasttracker A
    This whole anika sorensen on the mens tour is bullshit.
    Women and the politcal outcries for equal rights in sports has just sunk to a new low.
    Whats next women playing mens soccer,mens football,mens tennis,and the allready redicules mens hockey.

Equal rights in sports are nice and all but only in theory,and deffinently not pratical.Think about it

Men playing womens golf ,men dont do it simply cause its a joke.
    Why are they seperate to begin with.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    god damn sexist men. are you guys to wussy to let a woman play?

grow the fuck up.

people like you should wake up and stop living in the 17th century

3. Lounge   -   #3
    are men allowed to join women's sports?

and if they can why don't they?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Knowledge is Power
    I don't know if you agree with me, but women asking to be equal is what sets a precedent for differences...

In sports it is just separate things, a woman could beat a man, for example, she could beat me , It just organizational... There are tournaments for men, and there are for women, to me is that simple.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    its ridiculous to let a women play a mans sport. they should have a seperate tournament for the ladies!

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Fasttracker A
    Would the LPGA let me join the tour if I was able to make the cutt.
    Even though I wasnt good enough to make the mens tour cutts ?

A fair question should receive a fair awnser.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    There's no way I approve of Annika Sorenstam playing in the PGA. There is a big difference in yardage between the womens courses and the mens. Sorenstam, if she makes the cut, will have to hit the ball 2 miles further than normal over 4 rounds of golf. It's just a publicity stunt to generate interest. What next mixed boxing????? If women and men are equal they should give it a try.
    Signature removed

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Very good point. I think the point trying to be made here is that yes, women shold be allowed equality BUT allowing them to play sports with men is just not practical. Face it, men are phsyically stronger, therefore a faster swing and an unfair disadvantage for the women. Hence women's tournaments.
    For more proof of this, try pitting a heavyweight woman boxer against Lennox Lewis. see if that makes sense!

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

9. Lounge   -   #9
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    if women played with men they wouldn't win anything - for the reasons Proper Bo said
    then they wouldn't get any prize money, so they'll complain about inequality.

Annika Sorenstam playing in the PGA sounds like a publicity stunt, because golf is boring, why would people want to watch golf

The other day i turned on my TV to watch Ready, Steady, Cook - but the golf was on
    I turned over to watch Richard and Judy - but the cricket was on
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Fasttracker A
    Originally posted by soopaman@24 May 2003 - 08:37
    There's no way I approve of Annika Sorenstam playing in the PGA. There is a big difference in yardage between the womens courses and the mens. Sorenstam, if she makes the cut, will have to hit the ball 2 miles further than normal over 4 rounds of golf. It's just a publicity stunt to generate interest. What next mixed boxing????? If women and men are equal they should give it a try.
    I was hoping someone would bring up this point of publicity,golf attendance is down.And big surpise they sold out yesterday.
    They also noted on the sports channels how well she did ,she beat 27 men
    whoppie .
    Yet they all failed to mention she came in around 77th overall and at a +1.
    Not very good .
    I think they would be better off finding a Happy Gilmour,that way it would be less of a freak show.(kidding.....maybe)

And Ill put money on it this is somehow related to Hootie Johnson.
    For those who dont know or cant remember,he is the president of the only all men golf club in America based in Atlanta.
    Women complained and campained to have equal rights to be able to get membership.

Imagine all the women only clubs ,organizations ,and such .
    Would women let men enter ? since were pratically being forced out of equality and discrimination

V.J. sihgn said Its a disgrace and said if he was drawn to play w/ her he would withdraw from the tour.Funny he didnt show.
    He also said it was basically a joke and the women would never let a man play in their tour,and she was also taking a valuable spot for young progressing golfers.

I remember the days when Mike Weir would barely make the cutt and look at him now ,he won the masters and is beating Tiger Woods in money leaders.
    I wonder if the next Mike Weir isnt going to make the cutt because Anika want to play w/ the big boys.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast