Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Super Hero

1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Originally posted by CosmoK@24 May 2003 - 14:16
    Sorted m8..u almost convinced me .. i just can't get my head round the logic of it ... when it comes down to it batman is just a normal guy like us with a few tricks up his sleeve...sorry

i will hav a look out for Dark Knight Returns cheers ck
    Yes... batman did whup his ass... and had he had a few more minutes, he prolly woulda killed him/defeated him. As batman took a pill, and set himsefl up to "die" at a specific time, but it really just shut his heart down. It is a classic read, definately my favorite storyline ever... as seen here in my comic book thread.

pick it up, and watch batman take supes down, piece by piece.

btw... my fav is Wolverine... the attitude, the savagery, the claws... how he can run over by a 3000pd car, it explode on top of him, seemingly killing him, and he can walk out of it, and heal... good stuff.

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    Originally posted by CosmoK+24 May 2003 - 20:16--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CosmoK @ 24 May 2003 - 20:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--thegroggman@24 May 2003 - 18:39
    LOL..well CosmoK...pictures speak louder than words so I scanned this in special for you&nbsp; &nbsp; (oh and you should read the Dark Knight Returns series...its one of the best ever written)

Sorted m8..u almost convinced me .. i just can&#39;t get my head round the logic of it ... when it comes down to it batman is just a normal guy like us with a few tricks up his sleeve...sorry

i will hav a look out for Dark Knight Returns cheers ck [/b][/quote]

Batman leathers Superman again in Batman:The Dark Knight Strikes Again. This is the sequel to The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller and Lynn Varley. It also features some great cameo&#39;s from The Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and a few others + the death of an old favourite&#33;&#33; I won&#39;t spoil it though.

By the way, Batman:The Dark Knight Detective is easily the best superhero because he uses superior intellect and technology to solve crimes and then kicks arse big time&#33;&#33;

Close seconds are Silver Surfer, Green Lantern, Sandman, Punisher, Ronin from the Frank Miller series, V from "V For Vendetta" and The Incredible Hulk.
    Signature removed

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Originally posted by thegroggman@24 May 2003 - 14:25
    Indeed...the thing is thought That ol bats is much smarter than supes, see what you didnt see is in the page before Green Lantern had shot Supes with a Kryptonite arrow. See in a one on one fight...not very many can take down Supes (with the obvious exception of Doomsday), so you gotta outsmart him
    Indeed again, the kryptonite arrow, frying him with all of gothom&#39;s electricity, making him fight off some missles, that home in on his xray... this bad ass sonic disruptor type thing, (if i remember correctly), and using gothom electricity to power this super suit type thing, that let him go toe to toe with supes, if ever briefly.

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    BANNED
    Ok guys fair enough the comics got to keep the storylines goin&#39;..i hav&#39;nt read many comics ,hav&#39;t had the opportunity but movies and shit have always been one of my keen interest especialy sci-fi,super-hero&#39;s but what i manage to follow of the super-heros ..u say batman is though of as smarter then supes..sence when?
    I&#39;ve never know supes as "stupid"clark kent had a full and beneficial
    education ...i&#39;m gonna hav to read some comics first.

Cheers for the link Schmiggy_JK23 arl read ur thread in the mornin&#39;
    i&#39;ve always like wolverine hes "solid"reminds me of the thunder cats cartoon when i was a kid they were cool..anyone rembrs them.

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    right now i would say THE HULK would kill BOTH superman and batman if you been readin the series incredible hulk lately

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Thundercats was awesome&#33; Second favorite cartoon at the time (first was Transformers of course ) Anywho, get this theres a Thundercats movie in the works

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    does n e one remember that cartoon series about those cats that flew around in that fighter jet blowing up stuff. i think it was called thudercats but dnt remember

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    i think it sounds like swat cats

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    Dangermouse is the best&#33;

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Ben J Grimm "the Thing". Anyone remember the epic battle with the Hulk?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast