Thread: Utorrent Seeding Help

Well I'm using Utorrent and my u/l speeds are not that good 5kB/s highest.
    I'm just wondering is this normal or is there a way to make my seeds go higher.
    I'm using Rogers cable (Canadian ISP) and I've encrypted the settings.
    My settings are set according to my connection speed and yet no difference.
    Can anyone help??
    Thanks in advanced.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    rediculed BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    could be the people that are leeching from you are at there max

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by flow7 View Post
    Can anyone help??
    Thanks in advanced.

I beleive it was rogers that recently found out how to detect your doing torrents even with the encryption being enabled. If it is rogers that did this then this perhaps explains why your getting such sucky speeds.

Other than that I would recommend checking to see if your ports are forwarded correctly if your using a router, or opening the ports in your firewall if either of these may apply.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flow7 View Post
    Can anyone help??
    Thanks in advanced.
    I beleive it was rogers that recently found out how to detect your doing torrents even with the encryption being enabled. If it is rogers that did this then this perhaps explains why your getting such sucky speeds.

Other than that I would recommend checking to see if your ports are forwarded correctly if your using a router, or opening the ports in your firewall if either of these may apply.
    I don't think they figured out anything !
    They're just using one of a few (albeit expensive) products which can detect "traffic-patterns" of various types of traffic based on heuristics - BT included.

Depending on your view - I think this whole shaping melarky is just short-sighted although I can understand why some ISPs feel they need to do it - certainly don't agree with it though. It's a short-term solution to a definetly longer-term problem.
    If you believe that most Net based Video is moving P2P based ( as I do ) they're just going down the wrong "short-term" path.

Bram referred to this a while ago as the "arms-race". Looks like this is our version of the Cold War.