Thread: PeerGuardian 2.0 Beta 6c Released!

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    PeerGuardian 2 is Methlabs' [Now Phoenix Labs] premier IP blocker for Windows. With features like support for multiple lists, a list editor, automatic updates, and blocking all of IPv4 (TCP, UDP, ICMP, etc), PeerGuardian 2 is the safest and easiest way to protect your privacy on P2P. Plus, by integrating with Blocklist.org, lists are built custom just for you.PeerGuardian 2 is Open Source, meaning the program code is available online for anyone who wants it. Not only does this allow you to make modifications or even branch off into your own project, but it encourages peer review of the code making sure any bugs are eliminated swiftly. Because PeerGuardian 2 is Open Source, you can rest assured there are no backdoors or spyware included.

Source: Nsane Productions Forum (Description)
    View: Phoenix Labs Forum (Original Phoenix Thread with Download link)
    bug fixes and the ability to update the p2p lists without problems conflicting with the edu servs. me? didnt' work. i still had to disable the edu list in order for the p2p lists to update. meh, updates and afterward i just enable the edu again. oh well. as of now there is NO release for vista support. a rc1 is in the making and when that gets released it will have support for vista. only ppl recommended for this update as of now are xp users. either way, works like a charm!

- This fixes a couple bugs, updates some urls, and adds a new feature:
    - Update servers will be auto-allowed while updating, and then go back to regular settings (ie if they are blocked) when it's done. this can be turned off via the config file AllowUpdates setting, but is not recommended!
    - Also has a performance enhancement in the driver
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 02-15-2007 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Added pics & links for more info.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    I saw this over at nsane yesterday, but Phoenix has yet to post it on their main page so I was a bit skeptical (utorrent, now PG2 updates); you found it in their forum tho'?

Didn't occur to me to check there ; Also this should be moved to the news section IMO. PM a mod er somethin'.
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 02-15-2007 at 04:06 PM.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    I saw this over at nsane yesterday, but Phoenix has yet to post it on their main page so I was a bit skeptical (utorrent, now PG2 updates); you found it in their forum tho'?

Didn't occur to me to check there ; Also this should be moved to the news section IMO. PM a mod er somethin'.
    yeah, after reading the forums for like an hour or so for problems i was having. it's located on their forums and not main page.

as for the request to the news. i DON'T post in the news section. everytime i do u guys move it so what's the point...? lol, it's news. meh.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Unsure

Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    yeah, after reading the forums for like an hour or so for problems i was having. it's located on their forums and not main page.

as for the request to the news. i DON'T post in the news section. everytime i do u guys move it so what's the point...? lol, it's news. meh.
    Move it? The hell do you mean? There's a redirect feature that displays submitted news to the fontpage (News Section) as well as the chosen subforum such as Software (for more activity) while still being displayed in the frontpage.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..