Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Office 14 slated for a 2009/2010 Release

Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    The codename for the upcoming release of Office, currently slated for a 2009/2010 release timeframe, is Office “14.” Yep, Microsoft is superstitious and doesn’t believe in using the number 13. In December 2006, Eric Vigesaa, Program Manager for Office system client applications, stated during a TechNet radio chat: “13 is unlucky, so we’re calling it Office 14.” So how much exactly is Microsoft committing to spend on planning Office 14? Around $930 million per year in R&D funding, which equates to about 20% more than Office 12. A lot of the innovations that go into the Office System are long-term investments which build upon the foundation and functionality delivered in previous releases; in this case, Office 14 will initially take away and benefit from Office 12.

Microsoft hopes to focus on everything from the enterprise perspective to the individual viewpoint. The software giant is breaking down its “Investigation Areas” for Office 14 into the following categories:
    • Enterprise Content Management: Author, manage and organize complex documents and content
    • Communication and Collaboration: Keep communities, co-workers, partners and customers in sync
    • Business Process and Business Intelligence: Make the right information available throughout the business process
    • Individual Impact: Amplify the impact of your people
    • Office Business Platform and Manageability & Security: make it simple to build client and web-based business applications and make worldwide deployment reliable, secure and easily manageable
    Source: Neowin.Net
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    wtf? They are calling it 14? Cause 13 is unlucky? Well, its still gunna be delayed. Of course, I suppose they can justify it saying is Office 14 not 13 so its gunna take longer (ie, better-er version).

//if that makes any sense

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    I thought that was a rather funny move...
    _________________________________________________________________________________________

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    give me a rundown on the office numbers will u? office xp was 11?
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    No, it was office 10. You can check (that is if you have it) by going to its install directory. Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10 = Office XP

So that means...2003 = Office 11, then 2007 was Office 12, now 2009? is Office 14 due to unlucky 13, I suppose.

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i recently formated and have yet to install office. i have both xp and 2003. i'm guessing 2003 is better? idk, i just install it and use word and frontpage. gonna format again this week and have dual os boot. xp and vista. i should look into office '07? does that even work? i heard it deactivates over time and u can't use office at all.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    All I know is that '07 uses the new Ribbon interface and I'm not sure about the activation stuff. I do have a copy of it tho', but I've just never really used it yet as it is on my laptop which is packed away long and far

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    All I know is that '07 uses the new Ribbon interface
    A step back in time?

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    grrrrrrrr.... BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    All I know is that '07 uses the new Ribbon interface
    A step back in time?

http://www.oreillynet.com/digitalmed..._interfac.html

10. News (Archive)   -   #10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast