Thread: Logon Screen Quest.

LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    Dear Readers,

I was just wondering if it is possible to have your User Account appear without having to login(PW).

Here is a preview of the Logon I am using,

It is small but you can see there are 2 account present.. As for me, I only have one account(My Own) without a PW... And I think it is due to this that it does not show my account when I boot up...

So my question is.. is there a way to make it appear without having to create another account/setting a PW for my account?

Thanks.
    Credits to ChuNaku,Kazearashi,Kennethzzz,Kiyocchi,S4ku,Tanakachi and Tubster68:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    1. Click Start on the Windows taskbar, and then click Run.

2. In the Open box, type:

control userpasswords2

then click OK.

3. In the dialog box that appears,
    You'll see: "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" check box.
    Enabled will require users to logon, disabling will make XP automatically logon to the Administrator account.
    or

Get rid of welcome screen with autologon
    Posted 8/12/2002 by TweakXP Member
    1. click on "Start" - then click on "Run" - and type
    "control userpasswords2"
    2. click OK
    3. On the Users tab, clear the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" check box and click "Apply".
    4. Select the user you want to log on & click OK. A dialog will appear that asks you what user name and password should be used to logon automatically, just click "OK".

Then go to Control Panel / User Accounts, and click “Change the way users log on or off”, and untick both “Use the Welcome Screen” and “Use Fast User Switching”

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Thanks but ... if I untick 'Use the Welcome Screen' then the welcome screen won't show up at all right? Meaning that skin would be 'useless'... As my problem is.. when it shows up the box is clear and doesn't show my Icon/name.. and I want it to but not have to enter a PW (As right now I don't have a PW set and the icon/name doesn't appear int he bow.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    tweak ui
    "He who stands on toilet get high on pot"

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    I'm sorry, but to help you I require a download link to this logonui
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    @Hairbautt: I switched to my past one same problem but doens't look as ugly: 'http://wincustomize.com/skins.aspx?skinid=5628&libid=26'

And I use the Middle one.