Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows Vista/Office 2007

Right, finally decided to upgrade to Vista/Office 07. I've just let my PC run it's course for the past few years and everything is getting far to slow and cluttered up for me. So i'm gonna go with an entire format and install of an OS, save me doing this with XP now and moving onto Vista later I can do it all at once.

First off, which version of Vista is 'working'. People seem to be able to get Microsoft.Windows.Vista.Final-BillGates to work, anyone had any experiences with it or with another copy? Note that I don't need a CD key as i work at a store that sells copies so i'm going to just take a CD key from a copy at work.

I would also like the Premiem/Best version, are all the ISO's the same and the CD key is all that determins which version you install?

Next up is the latest Office. Again which version is everyone using, is there two different versions (XP version and Vista one or is it all the same), is the activation of the software hard?

Any other thoughts people may have on the subject or tips are welcome.

Cheers.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I don't think all the ISO's are the same. Get Vista Ultimate. 64 or 32 depending on what you are using.

I have a few questions.
    Vista Ultimate is on the way using: "Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Retail DVD" from Bittorrent.

Is there any advice anybody can give us about installing/configuring Vista or Office 2007? As well as compatability issues.
    Are there any good guides in here about those?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    The ISOs ARE all the same, except for 32bit/64bit
    The cd key is the only thing that changes what version gets installed, as you said.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    No kidding.
    So the only difference between the actual hard copies are whether or not they are 32 or 64?
    Other than that, you can install any version of Vista from any Vista DVD be entering the particular key for the particlar version?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Another option is to hold of on Vista and just download one of the XP slipstream DVD 's like Indego which has all the sp2 patches from Dec, 06 and over 180 programs to install with keys or generators . Has an option to pick programs at setup no XP key required .
    Last edited by peat moss; 02-17-2007 at 04:12 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by cool skill View Post
    No kidding.
    So the only difference between the actual hard copies are whether or not they are 32 or 64?
    Other than that, you can install any version of Vista from any Vista DVD be entering the particular key for the particlar version?
    Yeah. I'm not too sure about the x64 version but I have checked out the 32bit. You can install any version from the same DVD. You can even install without a key and you can select the version you want. You can then use it for 30 days without activation.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I would stick with a previous version of Office for sure. Right now I have 2007 and I hate it. They completely changed the look.

I would highly recommend previewing it first on Office.com

yo

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Right was at work today and although all the DVD details are on the box the installation cd key is inside and the box is sealed so I decided against robbing it.

Anyone have any idea of what I need to do once I have installed Vista?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    ahmed84h's Avatar Torrent Addicted BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Vista Ultimate version is the best version of Windows Vista but it needs a very good performance to run quickly on ur computer
    Processor 3G cash 2 MB
    VGA Card 128 MB
    Ram 2 G
    and the other component is not important

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy View Post
    First off, which version of Vista is 'working'. People seem to be able to get Microsoft.Windows.Vista.Final-BillGates to work, anyone had any experiences with it or with another copy? Note that I don't need a CD key as i work at a store that sells copies so i'm going to just take a CD key from a copy at work.
    Does it bother anyone else that Peerzy is willing to steal a key from a copy in a store he works in?

What bothers me most about that is that some unsuspecting person who buys it will most likely end up with problems activating their paid for Vista.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast