Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bottler

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Bottler is a cool program i found that will scan irc servers and channels for files.. you basicly get some good servers, connect to them, and it scans for files. (let it scan for 5-10 mins for best results) and then u do a filter search were it finds the file u want by scanning all those channles (saving hours and hours of hard work)

Bottler Direct Download Link
    Bottler Homepage

Irc is'nt as good as kazaa, but "over populare" downloads can be completed much faster on this because alot of irc users will upload at like 100kb/s+

screenshots

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    -removed-

n/m
    posting a huge server list is not a good idea..
    Pm me for the server list

or

just goto packetnews.com, copy some servers and then copy the channles.

(i got all the Efnet and Aniverse channles)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Thanks Wolf,am gonna give it a try

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I got both Vice City CDs with this program in like less than an hour!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    ok ive just installed this and it has dialware (or whatever) in it, installed it and noticed that there was an entry on my startmenu ( that definately wasnt there before) called sppedmanager, so i clicked this and it opened an aconti dial up box in german and added this as well to my start menu. im running spybot now and its found 11 entried pertained to aconti, i will remove these when it is finished and hope the program still works, i know its this proggy as i havnt installed anything for a couple of days apart from bottle.

stoi

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    whaaa... this program didnt put any spyware on my computer. I even scanned with AdAware 6 Proffessional (updated 5/26/03 spyware definitions)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    no spyware here either.

probably from another app.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Very Large Member
    Im new to all this and it keeps saying im banned!
    Ant tips anyone??

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    ok i had to reinstall it and no spyware came up, so i havnt a clue where it come from, i just put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5 lol.

as for getting banned, thats happening to me as well on the efnet server and in some rooms on other servers im getting kicked because bottler isnt welcome, if this keeps up i might just stick with mirc.

Stoi

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    ok an update, ive installed another proggy now, irc-ork which is a lot better than bottler as it has all the servers already installed, i still couldnt connect to the efnet server though, so i tried disabling Norton Firewall and it connected straight away.

irc-ork

the only prob is that this program is only a 7day trial, and ive looked all over for a fix for this but cant find one anywhere.

stoi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast