Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modded PS2 Making Funny Noises

batman11
    Hey guys, thought I'd ask you this. Lately, whenever I insert burned games into my PS2, its making really weird, terrible noises and refusing to play the game. Can someone tell me what this is? Is the lens dying, cause I was told that that would eventually happen? Thanks in advance.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    check if it plays regular legit games. if it's making noise, it might not be the laser.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Explain what the noise sounds like...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    batman11
    Its weird, its kinda on and off. For regular games there is no noise. Then for burned games sometimes there's a noise, sometimes there isn't, however, the noise works in different levels or degrees. The first level of the noise is like a choppy sort of thing, sounds like when you open the lid of a CD player when the CD was still playing, (I'll record it if you guys want to hear it) and then the game won't play. However, after turning my machine on and off, the game plays. Level 2 of the noise is the same choppy, but more violent and over and over again, and this time no matter how much I restart, the game won't play. Anyways the different levels of noise happen at random, and with different burned games I play. Perhaps the mod chip is dying. Like I said before I could record the noise for you guys to hear, mayber you've experienced it before?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    what chip do u have?
    what version of the ps2 is it? (1-15)

and what dvds do u use to burn? brands

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    is it overheating? try opening the disk tray and letting it sit for a while then getting a tissue and lightly cleaning the laser it may have fryed :/ what speed are you burning at

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    batman11
    I'm not sure what chip I have, but I can turn the chip off by turning off the machine and then holding the reset button (if that helps identifying the chip). My PS2 is version 7. I use Ridata 8X DVD-R discs and burn at 8X I believe. I don't think that its overheating, I hope this helps!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    spidey99's Avatar Nolaloth BT Rep: +1
    there is a white object that i in touch with your media near the laser.that object makes oyur cd/dvd stand stable by touching it.try to clean it or control it with your fingers .that may be the cause

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    batman11
    Quote Originally Posted by spidey99 View Post
    there is a white object that i in touch with your media near the laser.that object makes oyur cd/dvd stand stable by touching it.try to clean it or control it with your fingers .that may be the cause
    So I have to take apart my machine? What do you recommend to clean it, like a cloth or maybe Kleenex?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    spidey99's Avatar Nolaloth BT Rep: +1
    no you don't need any special cleaning material.but i reommend you to listen to the sound and be sure it's coming from it.you can clean with a piece of cloth but pay attention to the laser.also that object is very tiny and not a so special thing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast