Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Giganews vs Usenetserver

I'm currently a Giganews user, and am considering making a switch to Usenetserver because it's much cheaper.

However, I noticed a big difference in the number of groups carried by each provider.

Giganews claims they provide access to over 110 000 newsgroups. The true count I got after updating my list was 106 343 newsgroups.

However, Usenetserver says they carry over 68 000 groups.

Judging by the numbers only, it does seem a significative difference.

But is it ? I'm asking you. Anyone lost access to a favorite newsgroup by going from Giganews to Usenetserver ?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Ive been using usenetserver and I dont have any missing groups. They carry all the well-known groups. I think the ones that arnt included are the small groups that you probably will never visit. Usenetserver is indeed cheaper and I definetly recommend it. If you want, you can try the $3 for 3 days and see if they have all the groups that you use. If they are missing a favorite group of yours, you can always email them and see if you can start listing it.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Well i have used giganews for 2 monthsi canceled a month ago tho :X and i am thinking about going back as well i checked usenetserver but giganews seems to beet it in the amount of content

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    QstorM's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    I have Usenet and its owns. Cheaper/has all the top groups I need (dvd, hd, xvid, tv, tvhd) And a whole lot of others I haven't tried. I always max out my dl speed, plus it offers free 256 bit SSL. 90 days retent, unlimited dl's. what else can you ask for?

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by phatback View Post
    Well i have used giganews for 2 monthsi canceled a month ago tho :X and i am thinking about going back as well i checked usenetserver but giganews seems to beet it in the amount of content

That is why I am sticking with Giganews.....people on here can say what they want.

I don't care....I get great service and speed from Giganews and that is all I care about.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Diamonds4Ever's Avatar Anti-What? BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    idk wats giganews

is it still the same as usenet (a newsgroup server?)

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by webe123 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phatback View Post

That is why I am sticking with Giganews.....people on here can say what they want.

I don't care....I get great service and speed from Giganews and that is all I care about.
    Nice to hear

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by loayunknown View Post
    idk wats giganews

is it still the same as usenet (a newsgroup server?)
    A usenet provider, just like Usenetserver and all the others.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    WHRST's Avatar immortalis BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    I am new to uneset, i will probably go with giganews

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by time999 View Post
    I am new to uneset, i will probably go with giganews
    You can sign up for a trial account on Giganews if you want. It's max 1GB but at least you can try before you buy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast