Thread: Fxp from ftp to usenet

Hey y'all

Just wondering if its possible to fxp from a private ftp to usenet. My ftp allows fxpin so it would be excellent if it does as my normal upload speed to usenet is crap - approx 40 to 50 kbs.

Thanks for any information

Darren

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    if its your ftp server then you would probably be able to to install some software on it to upload the files to usenet rather than use fxp software. what operating system are you running?

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    You can login to Powerpost with your regular Usenet account on your ftp. You cant fxp because usenet aint a ftp server :/

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Super Seed Me Please BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by geen View Post
    You can login to Powerpost with your regular Usenet account on your ftp. You cant fxp because usenet aint a ftp server :/
    What he said!

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    I can upload powerpost onto the ftp buts its an exe file and it wont open on the ftp.

I am a noob wif ftps in case u didnt know

Any ideas ???

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    ofcourse, you cant run a program with ftp. Youll need to have root access to the box to run the program, i guess this is your problem.

There is no other solution then running powerpost on the box, you cant fxp to your usenet provider, thats why there are specialized programs like powerpost.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    what you need is "execution" access on the ftp but god forbid any user to have one. you install powerpost. I dunno if powerpost has a non-gui or not but if it does then you can execute it assuming it is all setup up right. Pretty complicated if your not a hacker or a former one at least lol

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    try using putty and connecting to your ftp server adress on either port 23(telnet) or port 22(ssh).

find out what operating system the ftp server is using im assuming linux/unix otherwise your shit out of luck since i dont know any command line usenet posting software for windows.

download newsposter and install it
    Code:
    make
    make install
    problem is if its not your ftp server they may not let you install it.

if you want to know the syntax for its usage once its installed type
    Code:
    man newspost