Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Internet Brower

zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Opera 7.03 here. Didn't like 7.10. Won't try 7.11. Think I'll wait till 8.0.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    up till now ive had only 3 sites warning opera might give dificulties....... 2 worked just as fine as with IE....... 1 (big grocery store in holland) said i had 2 get IE or netscape.........

overall opera works fine....... but has some great advantages over IE....... like mentioned b4..... the speed..... but how bout if u have 2 fill out a form on the internet, and u did something rong forcin u 2 go back....... wit IE u have 2 retype, Opera keeps what u rote....... and yes, u need 2 pay 4 it.........

but hey....... we all down illegal s*** so y not get the crack

get opera of the site, and the crack via kazaa.......
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Internet Explorer - No Adds, Quick to load
    Opera - Adds (needs cracking) Takes a little time to load
    Netscape - Sucks, Adds (needs to crack) dont know if you an crack it, takes time to laod
    Monzilla - Looks like clasic Netscape, Adds, quck to load.

I use IE.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    You people are off you rocker if you think Opera is better than IE6.
    I'm not a big Microsoft fan but IE6 doesn't even have any competition!
    It's flat out the best.
    I'm sorry but Opera isn't even in the same league.
    I have Opera and like it but constantly have to switch to IE6 while running Opera because it won't load a page or something else.
    Go surf the web for a 15 min and I guarantee you'll have to bring up IE6 more than once.
    The only thing Opera has that IE6 doesn't (that's worth anything)is mouse gestures.
    And this myth that Opera is faster than IE6 is just that "a myth"!
    As a matter of fact I find Opera to be twice as slow as IE6.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    Originally posted by ShockAndAwe^i^@25 May 2003 - 23:23
    You people are off you rocker if you think Opera is better than IE6.
    I'm not a big Microsoft fan but IE6 doesn't even have any competition!
    It's flat out the best.
    I'm sorry but Opera isn't even in the same league.
    I have Opera and like it but constantly have to switch to IE6 while running Opera because it won't load a page or something else.
    Go surf the web for a 15 min and I guarantee you'll have to bring up IE6 more than once.
    The only thing Opera has that IE6 doesn't (that's worth anything)is mouse gestures.
    And this myth that Opera is faster than IE6 is just that "a myth"!
    As a matter of fact I find Opera to be twice as slow as IE6.
    yeah i find that too, compatability is a big issue, i noticed a few sites wouldnt even let me into there site becuase i was using mozilla. but my ie6 is broke then now, alot of the java stuff aint working. and othere things, gonna do a ful install when i can be bothered,

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Luca_Snipes's Avatar Poster
    another vote for Opera here, been using it for a few years now, hardly ever have any compatability problems, if I do, I tend to contact the site owners and it gets sorted (the biggest problem is JavaScript).
    Speed wise Opera is slightly faster, due to the number of connections it opens to the web server (defaults at 8 while IE is 2).

Opera can be slower if the website does not meet the W3C standards.

which is why the only time I've opened IE for several months is for a Windows Update run..

As other mentioned, built in popup stopping, tabbed browsing, quick buttons to turn off images, and much more

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    I'd like to know what Opera version you have because yours certainly works better than mine(7.11 registered)
    I don't know what web sites you go to but that just sounds IMPOSSIBLE that your able to run Opera for months without switching to IE6.
    I swear I'll say to myself "your running opera today without bringing up IE and that's that"
    And sure as shit within minutes I'm bringing IE6 up!
    This happens with every version of Opera I've ever tried and on several different computers.
    6x/7.0/7.10/7.11
    For some reason I can't even upload sigs with it.
    I'll try an upload a sig and for some reason it fails.
    Then I bring up IE6 and it works fine.
    Do you think it could be a setting?
    The bottom line is Opera don't work with a lot(not just a few) web sites!!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by Wizzandabe@25 May 2003 - 20:13
    Netscape - Sucks, Adds (needs to crack) dont know if you an crack it, takes time to laod
    Monzilla - Looks like clasic Netscape, Adds, quck to load.
    Say what? Have you actually used either Netscape or Mozilla? Last time I used Netscape (7.02), I don't remember there being any ad banners. As for Mozilla, I've been using it since 1.0 (currently using 1.3.1), and there have never been any ad banners.

Just FYI for anyone who cares:
    1) Netscape (since 6.0) is based on slightly older builds of Mozilla, and generally doesn't include the popup-blocking feature that Mozilla does.

2) Yes, IE blows Opera away when it comes to load time. The reason IE loads so quickly is because it's integrated with the Windows OS. It's essentially already loaded when Windows boots up. For this reason, no other decent browser will load as quickly as IE; not even Opera.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    2) Yes, IE blows Opera away when it comes to load time. The reason IE loads so quickly is because it's integrated with the Windows OS. It's essentially already loaded when Windows boots up. For this reason, no other decent browser will load as quickly as IE; not even Opera.
    Lol not for me... i've got an ok comp and IE 6 takes ~3 secs to load, while Opera loads the moment i click it. Also IE could freeze my comp for minutes at times when some gay pr0n site made itself the homepage or something. IE doesn't have tabbed browsing, it has popups, etc. etc... i can't beleive anyone can possibly use it, it's worse than even MSN Explorer oh well, it's your choice...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Have to agree with Ynhockey. Only use IE6 when absolutely necaessary, (which isn't often) Opera much quicker on my machine, and very stable too. As for load times, - no comparison. Opera has it by far.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast