Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Internet Brower

Originally posted by ShockAndAwe^i^@25 May 2003 - 18:23
    You people are off you rocker if you think Opera is better than IE6.
    I'm not a big Microsoft fan but IE6 doesn't even have any competition!
    It's flat out the best.
    and the reason IE6 has no competition is cause it comes with the Windows Operating system, and it loads when the computer loads, but that is eating your system resources. or even better - microsoft sees what you are doing. thats a no no. so saying that IE6 is better than any operating system is saying that Windows is better than anything else. thats like saying shit is better than gormet food. i just have to say this - YOU ARE MESSED Up.

@khaki - Opera + IE does not = Advant. IE is buggy and shitty. however, Advant > Opera > IE is much better.
    @Microsoft - FUCK YOU FOR MAKING THE SHITTIEST PIECE OF SHIT EVERYONE HAS EVER SEEN!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Well the program was originally named "IE Opera".

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Avant is just an add on to IE. Avant is dependent on IE. Opera rules for 56kers.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Poster
    Good lord... The Netscape 4.x family makes me sick. I used to like it, too, until I got into web design and read other's thoughts about it. Netscape 4.x was the bane of every web designer's existence. IE 3 and 4 weren't much better, but it was what the majority of people were using.

I left Netscape 4.7 when IE5 came out, then I upgraded to IE6, and was using that for a while. Then Mozilla 1.0 was [finally] released and I've been using Mozilla ever since.

And to anyone who changes Opera to identify as IE, you realize that you're just adding to the IE counter stats on whatever pages you view, right? If web designers get the impression that a site doesn't get enough traffic from a certain browser, they won't even bother making it compliant* with that browser.

Don't get me wrong, I think Opera is a nice browser, but like I said in previous post: Due to previous issues with poor HTML rendering, I just don't trust it right now.

--
    * Web designers shouldn't even have to worry about designing for certain browsers; they should just be able to write the HTML and have it look the same in every browser, but that's another issue.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    I just tried Avant....its just like fast browser...there are a few browsers that use the IE engine and add the Opera additions.

But it still loads like IE...a lumbering albatross.

I admit i have had a few pages that dont load the way the developers designed it to while using Opera. but those are very few and dont prevent me from reading the page

I have 4 browsers ...ill keep Avant...i like having a different homepage for each browser, then when i want to check that page i just pop open that browser

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234