Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Higher Download speed!

terrorize's Avatar God of Warez BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13

Urgent

i have known this site for months.
    i thought you guys would love to use it:

Event ID 4226 Patcher (4226 fix) What's this all about?
    After almost everybody knows the <<EventID 4226: TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts>>, I used a day to create for educational purpose a fix for this argumentative feature.
    Unfortunately there exists no REG-key which could easily be set (would be so nice and easy, right? *smile*). The file TCPIP.SYS in the directory C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS and C:\WINDOWS\SERVICEPACKFILES\I386 has to be changed (system dependend eventually in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE, too).
    Needed things:
    - Windows XP SP2 (from RC2 upwards) or Windows 2003 Server SP1 beta
    - patcher
    - a small amount of time What's been done:
    To say it easy: the before 10 half-open connections are beeing increased to 50 (can be changed during runtime and with the parameter /L) and the CRC is been corrected. And that's it! Comment:
    The method described here, should only be used by users, who know how to handle all the described. With the download of the here published program the user know, that changes are made on third party files. For damages in every kind I cannot be hold responsible for. Indeed, tests worked fine here. However, nothing is impossible.
    Info: When error occurs, the patcher can change the TCPIP.SYS back to the original! Instruction:
    Just download the patcher and execute it. It will automatically find the windows directory and ask, if it should increase/decrease. For higher values, please check the help with parameter /?.
    After a successful patch, the new TCPIP.SYS will be automatically installed. After that, the computer should be restarted.
    http://lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=downloads

your antivirus should respond that there's a virus but n wrry this is harmless.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    V's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    thx man ,, will check it

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    Very old news.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    terrorize's Avatar God of Warez BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    i said i have it for months,not everyone knows it(like the guy above you).

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    :) BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Yeah this is old... it was release after sp2... oh and it's clean... some a/v flags it

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    it wont exactly make your download speeds fast but allow you to open more connections. For example, bit torrent opens hundreds of connections and without this patch, bit torrent becomes cannot open as much.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    Timer's Avatar Dr. n00b
    Thanks. i just applied this and everything's ok

Code:
    >brain\run g33k.bat
    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    nice.but done it b4.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by kklord View Post
    it wont exactly make your download speeds fast but allow you to open more connections. For example, bit torrent opens hundreds of connections and without this patch, bit torrent becomes cannot open as much.
    you only need it if you get the error posted in post 1 in your event log.
    I used to get it when using ares, never with bt. Although I don't use bt that much.

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    yes, it fixes the limitation in xp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast