Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you using the New Windows Vista and is it better than old XP

Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    I had try Vista Ultimate, but man with my hardware (laptop, Pentium M 1.6, 512 RAM) it was nightmare!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RPerry View Post
    I'll be enjoying XP for a bit longer myself, only way I'll change is if I decide to build a new system, and so far I still like this one
    Same.

Not sure I'd change it even if I upgraded tho', I just started using XP as my main OS. (Was using a stripped down win2kpro, but the installer bugged out when I tried it on my new HDs ).

I'm hoping Linux will hit a unified standard soon, and that wine will be able to run everything I want. Then I can skip windows altogether. That would be ideal.

As far as I know Vista is a bloated bugfest, requiring brutal hardware just to run half as fast as my Win2k did.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Ive only tried Beta 2 and it was a good experience but I will stick with XP until a service patch

or until crysis comes out

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    It's way too early for vista. Xp rocks!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    i seriously doubt i will ever go higher than winXP sp1a. i plan to use win2000 for my server/higher needs, winxp for general software, and ubuntu linux to surf and post like i'm doing now.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    vista is very nice. I have it running on 3gb of ram, and its fast and smooth. Hardware is a bitch tho, I had to remove my x1650 radeon vid card, and replace it with a low end junk card just to install vista, then after installation, I could put my vid card back in. Dunno why, but thats how it went. Everytime I see the "cancel or continue" screens, it makes me think of the MAC commercial....................you're about to point out flaws in vista, cancel or allow

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    i used vista n noticed few bugs n troubles with the hardware drivers
    so back to selfmade nlited custom xp sp2 with latest hotfixes
    vista's aero seems really nice though
    especially those glass effects

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    raspberry1331's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    i've installed Vista and reinstalled it.I coulnd't see the differences. I know it looks much batter than XP ... so what. I think the account controll user option is very annoing, vista doesn't have also a telnet client :/

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    I just installed vista ultimate, it seems pretty nice visually but the driver and application compatibility issues may cause me to switch back to XP media center. Another thing that I don't fancy about vista is it's insane memory usage. I've tried disabling all the services I can without messing anything up but still almost 60% of my ram is being used.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast