Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trading Guidelines--Elite Sites

bcpnikhil's Avatar FTN Lover BT Rep: +2
    For elite sites such as ftn, sct, fsc, etc., why not change your email address right now to a secondary mail just for trading, and then trade away both a mail addy and account? I doubt it would be too risky to change a mail address while preserving the same ip and pass.

just my thoughts.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    Chi Pheo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Well, you can try that and let us know how is going.

" Knowing nothing is the true knowledge. "

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    lol. i wish i could try it, but i'm not at a cool enough site that cares enough about these changes.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Well, you can try that and let us know how is going.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by bcpnikhil View Post
    For elite sites such as ftn, sct, fsc, etc., why not change your email address right now to a secondary mail just for trading, and then trade away both a mail addy and account? I doubt it would be too risky to change a mail address while preserving the same ip and pass.

just my thoughts.

I think there is "More" to it than just changing IP or Email addy, I think our Beloved Wildbytes has alluded to the fact that, they can put in some sort of a Script to "Detect" changes, I am NOT sure what the hell he was talking about, I am NOT Javascript expert, was just reading some of his Cultured Comments

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    They will know which country you are from through your IP - if one day its Norway and the next days its Egypt then that's a dead giveaway.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by ghurka View Post
    They will know which country you are from through your IP - if one day its Norway and the next days its Egypt then that's a dead giveaway.
    But that hasnt always been an automatic account ban. Ive traded elite trackers with people from different countries and ive had about a 99% success rate.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    I mean, that's just a matter of discussing with the trader that you'll only trade within your country on these hardcore sites.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25

this is pretty much right... there is more to it but is right...

I know 4 sites including us that log more then just email changes. Cant speak for others but, when you change your password it lets us know and is logged. Then its up to staff to check the account and see if it was stolen, traded or what ever.

We have over 300 accounts left to check just based on password changes. But we will get there...

Quote Originally Posted by bcpnikhil View Post
    I mean, that's just a matter of discussing with the trader that you'll only trade within your country on these hardcore sites.
    if you think trading with in your own country will help well, not really.. All depends on how much time staff of these sites want to spend tracking it... But would help your case.

Trading accounts now are just risky.... Its up to you to take the chance or not.

Wild
    Last edited by wildbytes; 02-19-2007 at 10:54 PM.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    marksman's Avatar -------> BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbytes View Post

this is pretty much right... there is more to it but is right...

I know 4 sites including use that log more then just email changes. Cant speak for others but, when you change your password it lets us know and is logged. Then its up to staff to check the account and see if it was stolen, traded or what ever.

We have over 300 accounts left to check just based on password changes. But we will get there...

Trading accounts now are just risky.... Its up to you to take the chance or not.

Wild
    you just love doing that dont u
    Been There, Done That

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast