Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Range IP bans

Urgent

hi there
    i recently changed my ISP for better speeds , no other isp is at par with my present isp so want to stick to it.

my problem is that some sites implement range ip bans and my isp is one of them..
    perhaps you know what site am talking about is there any solution,,

using proxy will welcomes ban as far as the rules are..
    any insight please..

the torrent works on basis of passkeys which is unique then why these bans.

my isp does provide specific ip at extra cost but am not sure if that will work as the new ip afterall will be from same isp...

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Power User BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    you could try talking to the admins...they might grant access to your IP if it's static (I think it's possible).

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    you could try talking to the admins...they might grant access to your IP if it's static (I think it's possible).

Its possible if you have a static ip. They can ban the ips in the range until that point and then after that point thus leaving your ip off the banlist.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    gino77's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    u can use HTTP proxy for yr client

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Jaits's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +3
    or just get a private proxy service (vpn).. u can get full speed through them and they dont look like proxies the one i have is 100mb up and down .. and its sweet, i get like >100 completely different ip's all at high speed and all not searchable by google and co.. + the hostname resolved isnt proxy like...

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    buddy's Avatar Wanabe saint! BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post

Its possible if you have a static ip. They can ban the ips in the range until that point and then after that point thus leaving your ip off the banlist.
    Dude, you are the coolest tracker Admin eva!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaits View Post
    or just get a private proxy service (vpn).. u can get full speed through them and they dont look like proxies the one i have is 100mb up and down .. and its sweet, i get like >100 completely different ip's all at high speed and all not searchable by google and co.. + the hostname resolved isnt proxy like...
    this is interesting
    can you please tell me how to get one?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by prima1 View Post
    this is interesting
    its a paid service.. i cant reveal the one i m using for the simple reason that then anyone that wants to ban me, will register there for a months service, and then find the ip's it offers and ban them from the sites....

there are a lot though that offer this kind of thing.. just google for it... i would suggest u find a few more ppl interested in retaining their real ip to themseves, and get together and pay it together... the # of ip's most of them offer is pretty huge, so u can just assign 1-2 ip's per user and thus split the costs... (its not that expensive though; i m not sure of the price; i aint paying for it )
    Last edited by Jaits; 02-21-2007 at 07:11 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by prima1 View Post

this is interesting
    its a paid service.. i cant reveal the one i m using for the simple reason that then anyone that wants to ban me, will register there for a months service, and then find the ip's it offers and ban them from the sites....

there are a lot though that offer this kind of thing.. just google for it... i would suggest u find a few more ppl interested in retaining their real ip to themseves, and get together and pay it together... the # of ip's most of them offer is pretty huge, so u can just assign 1-2 ip's per user and thus split the costs... (its not that expensive though; i m not sure of the price; i aint paying for it )

He wouldnt want certain individuals to get the ranges he uses cause then he wouldnt be able to noob hack the multi dozens of sites he tries to attack. (using the same noob methods each time)
    I dont really blame you for not revealing the company you use with all the multiple tracker staff you would have instantly banning your whole range from their sites

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post

He wouldnt want certain individuals to get the ranges he uses cause then he wouldnt be able to noob hack the multi dozens of sites he tries to attack. (using the same noob methods each time)
    I dont really blame you for not revealing the company you use with all the multiple tracker staff you would have instantly banning your whole range from their sites
    neither do i blame u for having nothing better to do than spend ur time trying to lower me down with ur, frankly, pathetic methodologies.. i guess spending time on me is more fun than spending time in ur tracker - cant really blame u on that one tbh.... ur responce just shows how affected ur reality is by everything i say (even though i have never directed anything i ve said towards u in the first place since u have no value to give me whatsoever).. i guess ur that guy that goes around and interupts ppl while their in a conversation so u try to become the center of attention and validate to urself that u are actually something more than what u really are... ....

peace

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast