Thread: Newsleecher Question

Im running on a 6mbps, using usenetserver how many connections should i use to d/l a file?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    And i cant seem to max out my connection? why?
    Quote Originally Posted by flow7 View Post
    Im running on a 6mbps, using usenetserver how many connections should i use to d/l a file?

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    asfdlq3i45poi's Avatar Master

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    10? Wouldn't that slow down the speed? and is there a ways to download different rar files at a time instead of d/l the 1 by 1?

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    10? Wouldn't that slow down the speed? and is there a ways to download different rar files at a time instead of d/l the 1 by 1?
    There is no point in doing so as the different threads/connections are downloading different parts of the file at a time, instead of downloading several files at ones. There wouldn't be any advantage.

Not sure if this is 100% correct but from what I can understand from Newsbin it looks like this:
    Only reason one needs more connections to max out a connection is that the threads are kinda requesting a part, downloading it, and verify ok. The request for the file and the verifying with the server that the thread does, does not use much bandwidth at all. Therefore you want another thread to download at that time. When you use 10 connections for example you always have several threads/connections downloading to maximize the usage of the bandwidth.