Thread: Morpheus 3.0

Poster
    Personally, when i first installed this i thought it looked really good.

However, the downloads were a bit slow, so i decided to uninstall it until a later date. Then the trouble began!

The amount of adware and crap that this installs on your computer is unbelievable.

Uninstalling it is incredibly difficult, they even make you fill out a questionaire before you are allowed to uninstall. Then the uninstall crashed, so i had to spend 15min going through the registry picking out the mess it left behind.

My advice is dont install it at all.

What do you think?

Sorry if this has come up before, i tried searching for morpheus on the forum and all i got was matrix stuff.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Morpheus is evil....

3. File Sharing   -   #3

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    evil is related so they think alike. dont trust even no matter what name its under.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Morpheus has also been the bane of the Gnutella network (or rather ONE of the banes...) since it got kicked off the fasttrack/Kazaa network a year or so ago.

I monitor BearShare (another Gnutella network client) forums regularly and Morpheus tends to be the source of a LOT of BearShare's really weird compatibility errors.

In short, it's junk and it's not even consistant junk... sometimes it's even worse.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Ater reading everyones comments i certainly wont be trying Morpheus.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    To imagine morpheus used to be the best P2P client, when it was still on fasttrack. It was KaZaa without adware, almoast like KaZaa lite is now. But yeah, times change and it has begun to suck.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by Natsume Atsuko@28 May 2003 - 09:50
    To imagine morpheus used to be the best P2P client, when it was still on fasttrack. It was KaZaa without adware, almoast like KaZaa lite is now. But yeah, times change and it has begun to suck.
    And there used to be a Morpheus Lite called RefoSearch...

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    I never had an adfree version nor know about it, but at least it did not install any serious adware which killed my P166 computer back then like KaZaa did ^_^;;

So it used to be a relatively good client, even though it had ads.