Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .tk Sites

I have a question for people with a free .tk domain. Why the hell don't you turn off that stupid .tk popup and stop giving your visitors an unwanted popup. You don't need to pay anything to turn it off.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    I wouldn't recommend .tk in the first space. It has loads of downtime.

I would recommend .vze.com

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Originally posted by ricky@25 May 2003 - 09:37
    I wouldn't recommend .tk in the first space. It has loads of downtime.

I would recommend .vze.com
    But .tk is a TLD.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Knowledge is Power
    I would recommend to pay for one... it is just like 15 to 20 dolars a year!!! c'mon people.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    It's mainly laziness - Any owner of a .tk domain can switch them off by going to their control panel at the dot.tk site. It's just that too many people don't either know it or don't care about it.

I personally own two .tk domains and I've switched it off for my recent domains.

And for Nimdock - No offense, but while the FREEDOMAINs are a great value, the payable domains are a f***ing rip-off. You can get .co.uk, .org or even .com domains for less than 10, even going to well below 5 a year. I'd recommend their free domains, just not the paying ones.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Originally posted by Nimdock@25 May 2003 - 09:39
    I would recommend to pay for one... it is just like 15 to 20 dolars a year!!! c'mon people.
    You can get a .co.uk domain for £2.70 a year.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Knowledge is Power
    I didn't mean the paid Tk!

I meant a .org .net etc... And I put 15-20 dollars just as tops, which is not much at all.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by Nimdock@25 May 2003 - 10:39
    I have seen it 7 dollar a year, something like www.cheapdomainregistration.com or like that, its a .com adress (also .net and others)

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Why not get a pop up killer? Since I use one, I haven't seen any more pop-ups. If anyone is interested in a free one, I can recommend a place where you can get it.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Originally posted by Nimdock@25 May 2003 - 10:39
    Yeah if u have a credit card

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast