Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vice City

I keep getting the "catastophic error" when installing GTA VC. I even downloaded the file Gre1 recommended but it still does it. Any Help?

2. Games   -   #2
    p.s IM RUNNING OUT OF CDS

3. Games   -   #3
    u have a corrupted file, all you can do is redownload it, but dont dl isos from kazaa, olmost all isos u download from kazaa are corrupted,

gtz

4. Games   -   #4
    so i just have to waste loads of blank cds?

5. Games   -   #5
    Well, you could try downloading cdmage, and checking those files before you burn them, it might help in saving some cd's!

6. Games   -   #6
    Or you could just use a more reliable P2P network.

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    I dont know why anyone would use kazaa for big files. I had to download a file 3 times before it was ok Use edonkey i have never had a bad file from there

8. Games   -   #8
    The problem with e-mule and e-donkey is that they are toooo slow! and it's depressing to see that you are number 1108402384384375083475345 in a queue, so it would take 30 years to start downloading!!

In addition e-mule almost kills the machine, it slows down and you can't do anything else while downloading.

9. Games   -   #9
    Originally posted by cyrus777@25 May 2003 - 08:54
    u have a corrupted file, all you can do is redownload it, but dont dl isos from kazaa, olmost all isos u download from kazaa are corrupted,

gtz
    i've never had a corrupted iso or bin of kazaa, and thats me sometimes not even going with verifieds
    i had a lot of corruption with software and have to download them twice to get it to work

10. Games   -   #10
    ok then, but using cdmage how can i tell if the bin. file is curupt. What file is different or gone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast