Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Bt

Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless

How did you get on with that, by the way

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Ah, meant to say. I pished in the floppy, to no effect.

So I uninstalled the hubs. Realized that the keyboard and mouse wouldn't work. Re-installed a hub. Closed the computer down. Plugged the keyboard, mouse and wireless internets directly into the PC. Rebooted and uninstalled the hubs. Realized that I now only needed one. Switched the PC off and physically removed the hubs. Switched it back on and plugged the hub in. Waited for it to install then added 1 hdd at a time.

Long story short, it seems to have worked. Thanks for the suggestion.

I've also now got a spare hub and card reader as this PC has a better built in reader than the one that was attached to it, out of habit.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    So I uninstalled the hubs. Realized that the keyboard and mouse wouldn't work.
    :earl:

In my defence, I didn't have enough information to provide more accurate instructions

4. Lounge   -   #44
    What more did you want, "Hoi geeks my pc's saying my usbs are ubber slow" should have covered it.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    Right that's it. I got fed up with utorrent as it kept crashing my fecking wireless router and/or cable modem. So I've now deleted that and installed the most recent version of azureus.

What a bastard difference in performance and it doesn't stop my interwebs working either.

And also now that it doesn't use java it doesn't use up all of my rams either.

Azureus > Utorrent. Fact
    Is that right about utorrent, I must confess that I've been having similar problems with my wireless router. Could be the same problem, what like is Azureus, I've never used It

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    i was a die hard Azureus user at first, after trying a few different clients.
    Azureus is good if your system can handle it.
    that was why i switched to utorrent in the begining.
    people getting Azureus problems should try utorrent.
    Wireless didn't work with utorrent out of the box with me, so im not sure if you can get it working or not - try utorrent forums they might have that information.

@JP - are you using the BT home hub? thats what ive got, does'nt need to be uninstalled, you just don't install it to begin with.
    Last edited by Alien5; 03-08-2007 at 06:04 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    I don't know if that was the problem mate, but I've changed to Azureus now and it's working fine. To be honest I got the modem replaced at the same time, so I can't really confirm what was causing the problem. However for the couple of days before I got the modem replaced it did seem better.

I'm thinking of trying straightforward BitTorrent again, it does re-starting and all that stuff now. At least I think it does but I may have dreamt that.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345