Thread: Xp Corporate & Harry Potter!?

Ok, I know this sounds lame but bear with me.

I have just installed XP Corporate on my friends machine after a worm wiped out '98. Office Pro and everything else has installed and runs ok. When I try to install Harry Potter for his daughter the install stops at around 48% and bombs out.

I know it's not a harware issue as it was installed on the same machine under'98 and worked fine. The game says it runs under XP and all of the hardware (Graphics & Sound) all have XP drivers loaded.

The machine is a PIII 700 mhz with 128 ram.

Are there any issues with XP Corporate or does anyone have any ideas?

As I say a bit lame but my mates daughter is giving him grief and I can't just leave him in the lurch.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Thanks for that, I will give it a try.

I'm not sure about direct X 9 but I will check. It shouldn't be a defrag issue as it was a clean install but everything is worth trying.

Thanks again

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain