Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: your thoughts on Pay2Leech sites?

iNSOMNiA's Avatar 1/G BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Alot of sites making money out of the Scene and P2P users ..
    Very disappointing imo

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by iNSOMNiA View Post
    Alot of sites making money out of the Scene and P2P users ..
    Very disappointing imo
    thats why the mpaa and the riaa are so pissed.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist7 View Post
    I never donate (well directly at least) because I don't want my real name and paypal on their logs, but I don't have any problem with it as long as the money is only going for servers. I don't even mind looking the other way if an admin skims a little to pay for his personal servers or uploaders' servers, perhaps.

But a site like TL is running solely to profit from it's members and uploaders, and that's just wrong. It's not on any small scale either, TL brings in tons of money every month. I don't understand how they're holding onto uploaders, but perhaps they're throwing them just enough to keep them happy.
    To my knowledge they dont skim money. Alot of their files are posted with the seedboxes that their VIP donors pay for. They use multi 100mbit boxes to seed their files.
    Not to mention the cost of the webservers themselves as well as scene access.
    You'd probably know better than I would, but I've read a couple of well respected tracker admins and sysops ranting about torrentleech's profit driven motives.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieProphet View Post
    theres some1 here that can back this but pisexy makes $40,000 mo via "donations"

I dont think they make that much, if they do then people on that site need to wake up and stop supporting a huge scammer.....

HE ask for donations, to buy a house, go on trips and many other things... trust me about $300 to $500 a month goes into his site.. Last i was told all the clowns on his site lost scene access along time ago and the ones that got it back left, could be wrong but thats what i have been told by a few..

I do know when i was a admin there and the main reason wb was started was because of the way that site was run and how he scammed many people...

IF he makes that kind of money off his site then its just time before mpaa/riaa and different goverments comming after him..

Wild

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbytes View Post
    theres some1 here that can back this but pisexy makes $40,000 mo via "donations"

I dont think they make that much, if they do then people on that site need to wake up and stop supporting a huge scammer.....

HE ask for donations, to buy a house, go on trips and many other things... trust me about $300 to $500 a month goes into his site.. Last i was told all the clowns on his site lost scene access along time ago and the ones that got it back left, could be wrong but thats what i have been told by a few..

I do know when i was a admin there and the main reason wb was started was because of the way that site was run and how he scammed many people...

IF he makes that kind of money off his site then its just time before mpaa/riaa and different goverments comming after him..

Wild
    i know we havent seen eye to eye in the past so i understand if u dont answer my question. how much does it cost to run a tracker like urs? off topic why did u change the layout of your tracker?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbytes View Post

Wild
    i know we havent seen eye to eye in the past so i understand if u dont answer my question. how much does it cost to run a tracker like urs? off topic why did u change the layout of your tracker?
    Well it all depends on how big your site is and how many active peers you have..
    a new site can get by for about $100 to $200 a month but as you add to the site members and other things you will need to upgrade. We use 2 servers and other sites use 3 or 4 all depends on your setup. But i would say between $200 and $1000 a month. we are in the middle of that and look to upgrade to a 3rd server in the next 2 months.

about the site layout change, well its because i never really like the first one. There are 4 working themes on WB, 2 with the old look and layout and 2 new themes.

Wild

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I don't mind. They have to have money to pay for costs of site upkeep, and if donations just aren't doing it, then I can't blame them. As long as they don't offer incentives that can potentially damage the site if too many people do it (hit and run, etc.), then offering a few GBs for some money isn't too bad. Even if they keep a few dollars of it for profit, I don't mind that much, unless they turn the whole tracker into an entirely corporate affair.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    its great, means people like me who dont donate find it easier to keep a good ratio since theres less people seeding stuff and more people downloading

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Thats a lot...
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    NA_Magus's Avatar ヽ(゜▽、゜)ノ
    I wouldn't donate since:
    a. I pirate media because I lack that money.
    b. Personal information logged etc.
    c. File-sharing is exactly that. I don't want to pay off a tracker cause I can't keep a ratio the orthodox way.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast