Thread: A strange Problem - Plz help me

Hi Freinds !

I just faced a strange problem -

I've been downloading a 4.20 GB file for the past 3 Days and today it was almost complete. It was 98% to be exact and it showed an approx time of 1 hour to complete. But after a few minutes, when I checked the download - it had slipped back to 88% and I still have 7 hours to complete !!!

Why does this happen - is this even common ? Please help me on how can I save this download - I desperately need this study material and I've been downloading it for the last 3 days !!!

Kindly help me friends !

Thanks and regards
    Kush

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Maybe you deleted a Rar file? Or played around with the file it was downloading in?
    eee

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaAlba View Post
    Maybe you deleted a Rar file? Or played around with the file it was downloading in?
    No, actually I didnt even touch the computer as I was afraid to disturb the download... Can there be any other reason ?

Thanks for caring and helping me out...

Regards
    Kush

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Moonspell13's Avatar Saltwater... BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I'm not sure what's going on but telling us which client you use could help..

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonspell13 View Post
    I'm not sure what's going on but telling us which client you use could help..
    I'm using Bitcomet 0.70 - is it really a bad choice ? Should I use some other - if yes, then which one would be the best choice ?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Bitcomet is banned on a few trackers..this could be the reason that its functioning really retardly..use Utorrent 100% efficient
    eee

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Not so FST n00b BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by nagukush View Post
    Why does this happen - is this even common ? Please help me on how can I save this download - I desperately need this study material and I've been downloading it for the last 3 days !!!
    Dont worry, it happens . Last week an entire 6 GB torrent, which I was seeding ,just "disappeared" from my hard-disc. I tried various recovery softwares, and it was like none of the files were ever there on the partition. God knows ( may be )

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nagukush View Post
    Dont worry, it happens . Last week an entire 6 GB torrent, which I was seeding ,just "disappeared" from my hard-disc. I tried various recovery softwares, and it was like none of the files were ever there on the partition. God knows ( may be )
    Ive seen some files come out corrupt based on the client or a person who was seeding the file having a corrupt file somehow. (Maybe if they set it to bypass the check for completed files and it acctually let them. Again a sucky client.)
    Generally speaking its almost impossible to get corrupt files unless they were originally uploaded corrupt. But here is some more info that may explain the issue of having to dl the files again.

What are these "a piece has failed an hash check" messages?

Bittorrent clients check the data they receive for integrity. When a piece fails this check it is automatically re-downloaded. Occasional hash fails are a common occurrence, and you shouldn't worry.

Some clients have an (advanced) option/preference to 'kick/ban clients that send you bad data' or similar. It should be turned on, since it makes sure that if a peer repeatedly sends you pieces that fail the hash check it will be ignored in the future.
    The torrent is supposed to be 100MB. How come I downloaded 120MB?

See the hash fails topic. If your client receives bad data it will have to redownload it, therefore the total downloaded may be larger than the torrent size. Make sure the "kick/ban" option is turned on to minimize the extra downloads.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    neros22's Avatar ----->PosteRR<------ BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    you have problem with bitornet client/