Thread: What is NFO

Tony L's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I'm sorry to keep asking for help but i want to share what i got and not just be a hit and run, I've been ask for my upload speed which i've done but, but they want a original NFO (That I'm not sure what it is, probably something simple)and have file in original format.
    Can you help thanks.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    so you want to upload something and to upload it you need it in its original format with an NFO?

The original format is probably a series of split .rar files, a .sfv file and a .nfo file. If you dont have all of these files then you cant upload it. What site are you trying to upload to?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Sorry i meant to have said as regards original format they say (usually 14.3 MB or 47.6 MB RARs) does this mean they want all the upload in rar files?f so beats me why they would ask such a thing i thought it would be easier to upload already converted files.

Torrent-Damage
    Last edited by Tony L; 02-27-2007 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Vercors's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Thanks Vercors

6. BitTorrent   -   #6

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    So how difficult is it to set up NFO files,, and samples to be viewed. It still beats me why they would want rar files.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    ing00's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    nfo is a file, which contains somne information about type of decoding or group, which released it...

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    sert's Avatar t r e s BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    information > info > .nfo

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    a nfo file is basically a txt file with .nfo for the extension instead of .txt
    These files ussually contain information about the group who released the file. As well as other useful info such as a description of the product/film. They also may contain other tads of info like imdb links.. or product site links directing you to more info about the product.

Original format they are pretty much wanting only rar formatted files posted. They profer them to be compressed and not just the files themselves being tossed up on the site.