Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dreamweaver Vs Front Page Xptz

wats the best im installing frontpage xp now cuz i dont like dream weaver that much its not stuctured and tidy

im hoping frontpage will be better

please give ya opinions and an explanation with it cuz this is not a poll kinda

sorry cud a mod move this to a better category cuz i was veiwing a topic in this category and then i clicked the new topic button sorry!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    well my opinion is:

frontpage makes making a website a piece of cake, thus all you have to concentrate on are the graphics and the looks. is super tidy, if that's what you are looking for but a big diffrence than dream, you can't make your own graphics. as in dream you program and create with flash and make a flash website, that's a diffrence with frontpage. frontpage you make clean html and you have to add active scripts to input flash objects.

dream makes a more cool, cartoony, sci-fi effect to your site.
    frontpage makes a highly proffessional design.

you choose.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Knowledge is Power
    Dreamweaver all the way!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    my vote goes for dreamweaver

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    sorry cud a mod move this to a better category cuz i was veiwing a topic in this category and then i clicked the new topic button sorry!

Your wish is my command..............

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Luca_Snipes's Avatar Poster
    The code the Dreamweaver creates is cleaner and more compliant than that by Frontpage, it can also check your code against a number of server technolgies and standards (XHTML, ASP, PHP, ColdFusion etc)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    Dreamweaver is better - it has a great reference guide for HTML/CSS/JS which alone, at least for me, makes it the best editor out there (since i don't actually use the editor, just do some stuff on it if i don't know how to code it, then copy the code). Other than that, Dreamweaver's better 'cause it doesn't put quite as much useless code (but still enough), and it's not from M$

I don't know about other features that these progs have as i rarely use them. But from what i know, Dreamweaver > all similar progs.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by Ynhockey@26 May 2003 - 12:48
    Dreamweaver is better - it has a great reference guide for HTML/CSS/JS which alone, at least for me, makes it the best editor out there (since i don't actually use the editor, just do some stuff on it if i don't know how to code it, then copy the code). Other than that, Dreamweaver's better 'cause it doesn't put quite as much useless code (but still enough), and it's not from M$

I don't know about other features that these progs have as i rarely use them. But from what i know, Dreamweaver > all similar progs.
    Dreamweaver MX all the way! B) B)

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    dreamweaver dreamweaver dreamweaver
    i can't think of anything bad with it apart from not dealing with unicode well
    css support, server models, the property inspector & the inbuilt reference
    along with built in ftp, wysiwyg editing and rendering includes

if you want to learn publishing for http then use dreamweaver
    frontpage is a waste of time and it will teach you little [and what it does teach will likely be bad habits]

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Which is better? It all depends on what you're looking for.

If you just want to put up some personal pages or keep your website on the hobby level, FrontPage is probably OK.

If you plan to be a professional, or want to develop professional-level skills, you'd probably be better off learning Dreamweaver and other Macromedia products. The learning curve may be higher, but the results will be worth it.

Here's a site that compares them. It's not a comparison between the latest versions, but it should give you a good idea of how they stack up:

http://www.webreference.com/authoring/lang...ors/dwfp/2.html

I'm not a professional graphics person, but I did work for a group of newspapers several years ago. One of the graphics people recommended Dreamweaver. As a paginator, I was already familiar with Quark, Photoshop, and Illustrator, at least on basic levels, and found it relatively easy to get stuff done in Dreamweaver. There are some good books out there on Dreamweaver.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast