Thread: Gif Animations

My good people,

Please can you guys advise me on the best software to create GIF animations which I can use for my new website. I need one easier for a newbie (like me) and which has best output. All suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    <span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>THE ONLY THING NECESSARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING</span>.</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I personally prefer Macromedia Fireworks MX - Once you know how to use it for static images, it&#39;s a f***ing piece of cake for animations. Just choose a frame, make the changes you want with it and Fireworks will compute the frames between it (e.g. You&#39;ve got a square & you want it to get from Point A to Point B in say 20 frames. Put the square at A, go to Frame 20, move the square from A to B. You&#39;ll get an animation of 20 frames of the square moving from A to B)

(The Macromediaphile in me has arised again )

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by Illuminati@26 May 2003 - 10:19
    I personally prefer Macromedia Fireworks MX - Once you know how to use it for static images, it&#39;s a f***ing piece of cake for animations. Just choose a frame, make the changes you want with it and Fireworks will compute the frames between it (e.g. You&#39;ve got a square & you want it to get from Point A to Point B in say 20 frames. Put the square at A, go to Frame 20, move the square from A to B. You&#39;ll get an animation of 20 frames of the square moving from A to B)

Agreed my fellow Macromediaphile

Macromedia Fireworks MX is easy and very professional, but so is Ulead Gif Animator 5 B)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Thanx, I will try it now and get back to you guys
    <span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>THE ONLY THING NECESSARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING</span>.</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    i agree, MM fireworks is the best
    optimizes for filesize better than anything else i&#39;ve used
    consider using .swf objects instead of .gif as they will likely be smaller and pretty much all browsers come with the MM plugin already installed now

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    Corel PhotoPaint 11. The only downside is that it doesn&#39;t compress quite as well as GIF-only progs, or Fireworks. Still rulez though best gfx prog ever.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    also look into Animation Shop Pro... it&#39;s got some stuff MX and others dont got.
    Flash MX is another good choice

both of these programs can also take Video clips (.avi, .mpeg) and convert them to .gif so u can shrink em and put in an avitar or something

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by Illuminati@26 May 2003 - 10:19

Man.... Macromedia Fireworks MX kicks serious ass thanks alot&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;