Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wag The Dog Anyone?

clocker wrote:

I'm confused ( and somewhat startled).
    You would accept a NBC made for TV movie as the definitive version of what happened?
    Didn't say that. I'm suggesting that Lynch's contract with NBC required her to sign an "exclusive rights" clause, forbidding her to discuss the matter until their film was released. It is Lynch, not NBC, that I hope will speak up once she's no longer bound by that clause. Heck, hehe, I don't even plan to watch the movie.

Sidebar: I have no knowledge either way on this so please correct me if I'm wrong, but- when you become a soldier doesn't the Army (or whatever branch) basically usurp your right to privacy re: medical records?
    Absolutely not.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Poster
    Originally posted by OlderThanDirt@4 June 2003 - 02:37
    Uh ... read it again ... especially the mention of John Vauss, a CNN reporter embedded with the team that rescued Lynch ... and that Kampener is basing his take on the testimony of "Iraqi" medical personnel.
    C'mon people!

OTD's qoute lays it all out!

Who do you believe?
    The soldiers and reporters who we're there
    OR
    Iraqi Doctors who's doctoring is in question due to all the dead US soldiers and others in there "care"?
    May I say that If you tend to believe the "doctors" then all subsequent posts you make should be drawn into question.

I will admit that only the US Gov. would release film that bad.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by OlderThanDirt@3 June 2003 - 21:46

Didn't say that. I'm suggesting that Lynch's contract with NBC required her to sign an "exclusive rights" clause, forbidding her to discuss the matter until their film was released. It is Lynch, not NBC, that I hope will speak up once she's no longer bound by that clause. Heck, hehe, I don't even plan to watch the movie.

You are suggesting that such a clause exists or you know it?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    clocker wrote:

You are suggesting that such a clause exists or you know it?
    Suggesting ... but it's an educated suggestion. Click on my name to the left and read my profile. I'm not a publishing or author-rights guru, but I didn't just fall off the haywagon, either.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Poster
    Yeah
    I don't believe that loss of memory crap either.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    ShockAndAwe^i^ wrote:

Yeah
    I don't believe that loss of memory crap either.
    It's a convenient answer, isn't it . Really, though, I do hope she comes clean after the movie is aired. But, if she doesn't, I wouldn't blame her. She's probably fed up with all the media hoopla. It wouldn't surprise me if she just cashed her check, called a press conference to flip the bird at everyone, and split!

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Suffice it to say the tail and the dog have suffered a mysterious and unfortunate disconnect.

we await the attending surgeon, who (hopefully) can reconstruct a semblance of truth.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    j2k4 wrote:

we await the attending surgeon, who (hopefully) can reconstruct a semblance of truth.
    Well, not all of us are waiting (grin). For the sake of the issue, I hope her memory returns after NBC airs the movie. But if her memory doesn't return, that's OK. The nice thing about America is that people will latch onto anything to bitch about ... and by the time the movie airs, we'll all be bitching about something else anyway.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by OlderThanDirt@4 June 2003 - 01:00
    j2k4 wrote:

Well, not all of us are waiting (grin). For the sake of the issue, I hope her memory returns after NBC airs the movie. But if her memory doesn't return, that's OK. The nice thing about America is that people will latch onto anything to bitch about ... and by the time the movie airs, we'll all be bitching about something else anyway.
    Time do pass, don't it?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by OlderThanDirt@4 June 2003 - 00:00
    The nice thing about America is that people will latch onto anything to bitch about ... and by the time the movie airs, we'll all be bitching about something else anyway.
    Actually, I think they're counting on this phenomonon.
    In a couple of months, after the TV movie has aired, you can bet your boots that some intrepid reporter will ask:" But, er, what about the allegations that this whole episode was staged?"

And the response will be:" Why are you dredging those OLD allegations up now? We've moved on and have more important thing to worry about!"
    Using the passage of time to minimize the relevance/marginalize the doubters of the "official version" seems to be a favorite tactic of this Admin. ( and their apologists in the media).
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast