Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Symantec.antivirus.client.v8.1.0.821.corporate

Symantec Corporate Version 8.1, i just installed this and i noticed these 4 files
    trying to get out of my pc

file names
    1. installer driver module [ location C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\7\Intel 32]
    2.CBA-- ping discovery service [location C:\WINDOWS\system32\CBA
    3.CBA--message system [location C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSGSYS
    4.CBA- message resource[location C:\WINDOWS\system32\CBA

could anybody tell me if their any part of norton, i never seen any of these files in version 8.0

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Forum Star
    Those CBA things belong to the Norton program.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    thx for reply guys, but why so many outputs for a program that is a client, or is that the server edtion
    i hate those install programs as they can be packed to do almost anything you want

Symantec.AntiVirus.Corp.Edition.8.00.9374 client used
    Symantec.AntiVirus.Corp.Edition.8.0.1.425.Client going to try this 1
    Symantec.AntiVirus.Corp.Edition.8.1.0.924.Client tryed

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    no other version install these files so this has been repacked with these files to excute
    on extraction mabaye to give your ip address and server back to whoever repacked the files in the 1st place
    if you look @ all the other installers they are made with norton and called
    Solution Package Installer ( symantec corporation ) not made with Windows® installer or any other setup program and i no these windows installers can call up commands and excute files run scripts and about 100 other things because i use setup factory 6 and this program can do these functions 2.

so i just installed version Symantec.AntiVirus.Corp.Edition.8.0.1.425. wich is still newer than 8.00.9374
    and none of these files appeared.!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Forum Star
    My firewall hasn't detected any suspicious activity at all from those files.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    well my firewall went mad and i'am using the lastest version of zone alarm
    4 files trying to get back to my internet service provider and then the imformation was problay then going back to the host, 4 dodgy looking exe files wich is hidden in the installation package and it also hides other files in the system 32 directory, to me this is nothing to to with the norton program @ all

balamm you missing the point m8

what i'am say some 1 has repacked the 8.1 corporate and then put a link up with all the programs to expect to no whats in it to fool us.

and wtf is intel got to to with norton antivirus, my guess is the program has came from intel corporation.
    and its sending a homing signal out please arrest ijc his ip is 45.44.23.12 his intenet provider is blah blah

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Mark Twain

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    thats my point i dont trust those setup programs made with intershield or setup factory
    you can take any program and diguise files inside the installation and make it run many files as you want
    or you could even mabaye disable norton firewall like you said so mabaye thats why my firewall picked it up because it aint made by norton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast