Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pledge For More Hd Content Trackers

Urgent

I did recently bought as many other people also did this year due to a good drop in the prices a widescreenn HD tv ( a 42 inches 1080 Toshiba for my part) .
    SO what ;i guess i wont take the miss to a ski trip this year.....
    anyway let me deal with the domestics issues that this will bring...

my more important problem is to now get some material to feed my hd hungry display. i do know so many bill bob or jim who spent the big bucks on a high end tv set and proudly demonstrated me the efficiency of HD by plugging by scart their VCR.
    let stop the fun but the reality is not so far as 80per cent of HD tv set buyers are happily displaying upscaled 480 dvd on their 720 or 1080 set. thqt is a shame.
    As you guessed i am part of the 20 per cent who grasp the idea that in order to get HD quality on My HD tv is would also need ..well.... HD files.

so here is the choice.
    HDTV .
    i live in uk and i never been a fan of TV and ohh i got to pay for it.
    HD DVD BLU RAY
    . I went to my local virgin retailer and ask for the HD section and was directed to a small shelf with max 25 titles dispo at around 24 pounds each.not so expensive but unfortunately the player is around 500 pounds just about half the price of my tv. no go.

HD torrent.
    here started the quest for hd files on trackers. i got stuck quiet quickly to a few options.
    1 public tracker/indexing site
    honestly i dont see myself getting a 8+ gigas movies from mininnova or pirate bay. no offence and big thank you for the service provided and the amount of file available

2 private tracker with hd content
    Big thanks to the site concerned for adding a HD category to your site but unfortunately they dont brig a lot of traffice for now

3 chineese tracker.
    i did for fun googled HDVDRIP and holly hell what is that....
    endless list of .cn .net with endless list of HD movie available.
    yes they certainly have been busy behind the great firewall for quiet a time and most of the famous HDencoding and HDcappers are coming from there.
    big respect and thank you but is there someone here with wisdom and knowledge (mostly in chineese language) that could enlight for me the treacherous path to registration...
    I am not that dumb and certainly figured out where to put my username password and adress email but then....
    they all got a funny multichoice question about cookies and other stuff i dont even grasp the meaning. and i shamefully fail at this point.
    SO IS THERE ANYONE CHINESE OUT THERE PLEASE

4 THE GRAAL of HD
    the dedicated HD content tracker (in a language i understand)
    those of you hd adept will recognize them without having me to name them here and would surely agree with me to say that 1 there are not enough of them and 2 the one existing are getting quiet a challenge to get in (one still open for signup and respectfully one of the 2best)
    this is why i would like first to thank our French and Romanian friends for their recent opening and ask the concerned person to open more HD trackers.
    The amount of people in need of these Hd movies ( believe past the 32inches mark HD content in not to show of but it is a necessity ) is increasing at high speed and the few trackers around wont be enough for everybody.
    so if you like to get shitload of traffic or simply like to fill people need please answer this call WE NEED MORE HD .....
    anyone who agree here with me please ask for it in this thread and enlight your friends by showing them the way to hd.

nb . yes i know about usenet

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I'm curious how you plan on getting the HD content you download onto your new 42" widescreen without a HD-DVD/BluRay Player or Burner. Are you planning on hooking up your computer to the TV?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by necromantic View Post
    I'm curious how you plan on getting the HD content you download onto your new 42" widescreen without a HD-DVD/BluRay Player or Burner. Are you planning on hooking up your computer to the TV?

I would think so. Its alot cheaper to do that than to get a Blueray burner. Also if hes getting hd-xvid as apposed to hd-dvdr then he could just burn them on disks or recode them to dvdr format.

I personally think as more and more sites notice a larger demand for HD files they will start offering them.

We experimented with HD-XVID files on my site a while back I seeded some for over 3 Months and nobody ever really downloaded any of the stuff I had posted. I guess it all depends on the sites userbase and what their users are interested in for the most part. Most of my users ussually stick to the xvid releases. We lately have been seeing a few more interested in DVDR releases since some broadband providers have been doing upgrades.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post

I would think so. Its alot cheaper to do that than to get a Blueray burner. Also if hes getting hd-xvid as apposed to hd-dvdr then he could just burn them on disks or recode them to dvdr format.

yep that is the trick without buying a HD/bluray player and a HD/bluray burner (900sterling) and blank HDdvd/bluray .this setting would be the end of my banck account....

so of course throught my pc graphic output. for the purist it would mean a pci express graphic card with a hdmi/hdi outpout but i do not want to change all my system so i am only using my shitty ati raeon 128 and you know what quality rocks.
    i know it is not 100 pure digtal but i compared by playing the same file ( xvid 1.4gig file because my standalone dvdplayer doesnot of course read HD) using my pc and the vga outpout versus standalone dvd player and hdmi outpout
    not a freacking difference in quality; not that i can see anyway.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Yeah, IMO it's a little early for HD content. Until I can burn my own HD-DVDs I won't be downloading any of the hd stff. It's too much trouble to haul my pc downstairs to watch a movie, and watching HD on my 19" monitor is not gonna happen lol. Cable seems to be the best bet right now for hd content.

EDIT: hmm, I wonder if it would be possible to stream hd stuff to my xbox360?
    Last edited by necromantic; 02-27-2007 at 03:52 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    [/quote]

We experimented with HD-XVID files on my site a while back I seeded some for over 3 Months and nobody ever really downloaded any of the stuff I had posted. I guess it all depends on the sites userbase and what their users are interested in for the most part. Most of my users ussually stick to the xvid releases. We lately have been seeing a few more interested in DVDR releases since some broadband providers have been doing upgrades.[/quote]

Tanks for trying but i know it is hard to get users to switch from the traditional 2cd xvid towards a min 4.7 gig file but you sure understand that it is worth it.i just got to express my feeling regarding encoding and releasing HD using xvid. dfinitely not the favorite codec of HD fanatic . even the wmhd atract more peers.
    The increase in graphic quality isnot in my sense worth the heavy download.
    H264 is the way. have a look at the 2 most famous HD tracker stats and you will find 200 seeds and 40 leech for a lot of h264 files and peole uploading to those tracker got a pipeline of a connection. at the moment they have around 300/400 differents movies titles in various codec/resolution/container.
    H264 is now used at the source of a lot of HD channels and most of the hardware developer will soon include (if not already done gforce) the h264 standard.

PLEASE MORE HD TRACKER
    livil

EDIT: hmm, I wonder if it would be possible to stream hd stuff to my xbox360?
    yes it is possible but there is a lot of restriction regarding the format and codec used.
    it can play retail HD DVD you need to dowload a software upgrade.
    it will play WMV HD files with WM audio
    i read something about streaming HD xvid bit i cant remenber what
    there is an issue with the fact that the hard disk is in fat32 format that wont allow file over 2gigas. NTFS will do.

i do not own a 360 so i cant be really specific but scroll throught the various 360 forum and you will watch HD content on your tv using your xbox. i hope you will try and tell us the result.

my mate can play xvid HD using his digico Tvix ...yet another solution
    Last edited by livil; 02-27-2007 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    OK just to show the differences here are 2 jpg screenshots i made (i know png is better but the size would be too big ) from moster inc
    one from a 2cds dvd rip 1.4 gig total by diamond i believe
    one from Monster.Inc.1080p.HDTV.DTS.x264-ESiR -
    now are you convinced that we need more hd tracker...
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    i.dragonfly's Avatar -======//OvO BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Nice screenshots - you can see the difference not only in details and resolution, but also in richness in color and contrast.

I also think it's worth it to download a DVD5 (and sometimes a DVD9) sized file for the HD quality. I can forgo the dvd menus and extras on a DVD-R release -- I'd rather download the same size file in x264 HD resolution. Sometimes you even get 1080p for CG movies in DVD5 size.

It's not only movies - TV shows are being released more consistently in 720p x264 format. Heroes (my fav), 24, Prison Break, etc.

My view on playback is that I want to build a HTPC - specifically to store and playback media, especially HD media. Why bother burning to disc at all? Hard drives are cheap. Plus the HTPC should be able to handle and scale just about every type of codec.

livil, you make a good point about needing more HD content. However, I would suggest that we have enough specialized HD trackers, we just need more HD content uploaded to those trackers. Bit-HDTV, x264.eu, and hdbits.org are more well known; hd-bits.ro is less known. Get the word out and upload to these sites!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Ne'tu's Avatar Member BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    We have a great HD tracker now, almost all good releases are there.

Why do you need more?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ne'tu View Post
    We have a great HD tracker now, almost all good releases are there.

Why do you need more?
    When are they reopening by the way? I'm not sure I'd trust using them though.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast