Thread: Burning Movies To Cd

I realise that this is a newbie question, sorry, I’m still in that category (but trying to learn). I’ve looked at the FAQ’s and can’t see what I’m looking for.

I’ve just bought a 250Gb hard drive (I never thought that I’d need that before I found Kazaa&#33 so I can store and view all that I want there. However, I’d like to take some movies to my DVD player/TV for the bigger screen and better sound that I get from that set-up.

I’ve noticed a lot of talk about “burning” movies to CD. How does this differ from just copying the files to CD? Also, Nero is often mentioned as the preferred tool to do this with. Kazaa Lite search finds a lot of versions of Nero (over 1,000 hits so far!!!&#33, could someone please tell me which is the latest one? Or, if I should download it directly, could someone post the Website address please.

Thanks, and sorry for asking basic questions here, it must get boring for the old hands to see these again and again.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Retired
    If you want to watch movie by using a DVD player you need to convert your .AVI files to .Mpeg files this can be done if you use nero Ruring Rom (www.nero.com). When you installed nero Ruring Rom you will see that there is an program called: Nero Express open this prog.
    You just choose the option VCD or SVCD then choose your .AVI file and nero wil start converting the .AVI to .Mpeg (This will take some hours) then it starts burning.

Be sure that you use cd's with enough MB's. I recommand 800 MB because an .Mpeg file is larger than an .AVI

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@26 May 2003 - 13:05
    If you want to watch movie by using a DVD player you need to convert your .AVI files to .Mpeg files this can be done if you use nero Ruring Rom (www.nero.com). When you installed nero Ruring Rom  you will see that there is an program called: Nero Express open this prog.
    You just choose the option VCD or SVCD then choose your .AVI file and nero wil start converting the .AVI to .Mpeg (This will take some hours) then it starts burning.

Be sure that you use cd's with enough MB's. I recommand 800 MB because an .Mpeg file is larger than an .AVI
    Sorry, I didn’t make myself clear, my fault.

It’s not AVIs that I want to burn at the moment (although I’ll file your post for future reference, thanks). It’s MPEGs and bin/cues (for different movies).

Thanks for the Website address, I’ll buy some 800Mb CDs before I start.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Retired
    What i do with .bin/.cue's is that i convert them to ISO's with Winiso (winiso.com) and than I open the ISO with Nero and it starts burning.

<< I don&#39;t know if this is the best option but It Works~&#33; >>

What I said about &#39;how to&#39; with .AVI works the same with MPEG only nero doesn&#39;t have to convert the file

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    then just use nero, depending on whether it is a svcd or vcd. And whether or not your standalone plays each. Pick from the burning wizard svcd or vcd,that simple, bin/cue file need to be opened with a virtual drive (daemon tools). Then copy all the files you see to your hard drive. Lastly, just insert a cd,drag the files you copied from the bin onto the E: or whatever your cd-r is an ther you go