Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Debates from Sharedaddys pinned movie

iBLoStboY's Avatar Poster
    Ya you do have alot of rare stuff, i was thinking of something, when i get a new hard drive i will start to burn my own DVDs and maybe you can help me - i think i have a pretty good idea so far - first use smartripper and then flaskmpeg - but i would like to burn them in Xvid - you can explain it to me later on in more detail if you don't mind (when i get my new HD). So after burning a DVD i was thinking of letting a few people from here download it off me directly - using Hotline . Its a great program - i've used it before - so after a few people have it - they can take the file on kazaa and start sharing -

BTW thanks for teasing us with the posters ::

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Originally posted by iBLoStboY@Dec 14 2002, 12:07 PM
    Ya you do have alot of rare stuff, i was thinking of something, when i get a new hard drive i will start to burn my own DVDs and maybe you can help me - i think i have a pretty good idea so far - first use smartripper and then flaskmpeg - but i would like to burn them in Xvid - you can explain it to me later on in more detail if you don't mind (when i get my new HD). So after burning a DVD i was thinking of letting a few people from here download it off me directly -  using Hotline . Its a great program - i've used it before - so after a few people have it - they can take the file on kazaa and start sharing -    

BTW thanks for teasing us with the posters ::  
    How to make DVD Quality Divx (a zip file posted in a few places on this forum by yours truly is all you need to download, it will explain it all). As far as Xvid, I would suggest against it, so far all of the Xvid films I have come across were lower Quality than the Divx I share. DL the zip, use smartripper and Vidomi, following the instructions in the zip file and you will be off and running (or ripping, encoding and burning as the case may be ). What posters are you referring to?

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Originally posted by kiwi@16 December 2002 - 06:48
    Thanks for all these great movies, just need a bigger hard drive.
    Thanx again and keep up the good work
    You and I both as far as the needing bigger hard drives. I have a 120 Gb HD, however I could use several 250 Gb HD's at the moment.

Thanks for the thanks.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    good, god!!!! off to buy another hard drive, lol

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    hey sharedaddy sorry i privatre messaged u about not making ur hashes links. then i saw how u do it at work. i completly understand. also, i still dont know how to use your hashes? i have sig3dat and understand how to make hashes, but not how to use ones that arent hyper links.
    any help? thanks by the way way to go on ur huge collection of rips. your helping p2p more htan you can imagine. do you label your rips so if i come across one i will know its yours? see yaz

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Mr BoJ, No I do not label them with my name or anything, they are all pretty much names as you see in the hashes, movie name, year when possible and disc 1 of 2 or full dvd rip is what it should say. I'm not doing it for credit just for fun and I think it is my right to share and or download stuff.

As for the hashes in my pictures post, they are old style because I could not get any of the other type of hashes to work, I am not sure if it is a file type issue or file size issue, but nothing I tried worked except for the old style. Now to use them all you have to do is copy the one or one's you want and paste them into the sig2dat program. To do this hold the left click button on your mouse down and highlight the file or files you want, now right click the highlighted portion and choose copy. Now open the sig2dat program and paste the sigs by clicking the paste from clipboard button in the sig2dat window. Close sig2dat and restart Kazaa, the files will be in there hopefully dowjnloading for you.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Originally posted by mrbojangles@19 December 2002 - 18:51
    Ur name should b the DVD daddy yo lol. Hey u got any 70's classics. or 60's are even better lol? thanks
    No ShareDaddy is just fine . Yeah, there will be a wide variety of stuff getting posted, however it will most likely slow down for a while until people are done with what I am currently sharing, I am just plain running out of room again.

PS- Video out is not the same as TV tuner, video out allows you to clone your PC desktop onto your TV, so anything that happens on the monitor is duplicated exactly on the TV screen, works great. TV tuner does as you stated, allows you to record TV shows on your hard drive and or just watch TV live. I do not have a tuner, just a TV out. If you have a tuner and a good size hard drive you can actually create basically your own TIVO, just using your PC, very cool stuff.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    ya i know that duhhhhhhh lol. thats y i was saying how i was ganna record rare shows and share them!lol. clean out your ears!

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Originally posted by mrbojangles@19 December 2002 - 22:36
    ya i know that duhhhhhhh lol. thats y i was saying how i was ganna record rare shows and share them!lol. clean out your ears!
    LOL - My ears are clean, too clean in fact, doc yells at me for cleaning them. However my notation was due to the fact you replied about a TV tuner when I had written about a Video card with TV out. I was just clarifying the differences. If you saved the PM, check it out, wasn't lost on my end and I was just insuring it wasn't on yours. We cool brother. (my favorite ending)

The duuuuuuuuhhhhhh was very cute, it reminded me that my sister used to say "No Duh" all the damn time, LOL.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    [QUOTE] (BustedTyre @ 15 December 2002 - 20:59)

BTW, do you know how Kazaa determines which computers connect to which nodes? Does this have anything to do with the IP addresses used? I lived in Spain for 2 months, now in the U.S. and realised that back there I had 3/4 of all downloads in parallel from 5 to 8 users, which I never get in the U.S. In Spain, I had an unusual setup with a public static IP address assigned directly to my PC it, while here I'm brhind a router with NAT (covad.net.) The difference in speed appears to be immensely in favour of my Spain, even though the downstream there was 512K vs. 1500 in the U.S. and despite the antique computer I've used.

I'd really appreciate any comment..

Keep up the good work!

Each time you start Kazaa it may be on a different node, nodes are people who have selected to be a node and as long as they share files and are on all of the time, they are a node. So connecting to nodes depends on who is signed on, where
    they are at and so on.
    Sharedaddy, you've got some really cool and rare stuff but i'm out of luck! I'm trying to dl about a dozen flix from your lists, not a single kb loaded, in 2 weeks!

I got an idea: can you send me a list of Supernodes you can connect to so I try crawling closer to where you are. You can use Diet Kaza to "jump" then "detect" your supernodes, do it like a few times and post what you get. Post those only which reply fast and return the usernames.

Best of all, if you keep Kazaa running without reloading or disconnecting it, find a supernode that replies really fast, keep it unchanged and post that SN-s name. Every time you reload, select a SN and post its name and address, this way your fans at least know where in principle to look for your files.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast